Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with the EGR valve I only replaced this last year and cleared all the faults on the computer using Diagbox. The car then ran fine after it was changed up to now. The car has started to not run properly when it was cold so I decides to hook up diagbox again to see if any codes were present. The codes I got back were P0490 & P1162. Is there anything I can do to sort these codes out surely the valve can't have failed this quickly.

Is it also an easy job to clean out the intake manifold of all the rubbish that has built up over the years as this maybe a contributing factor to why these codes have come back so early.

·
Registered
14,288 Posts
You may well need another valve but it depends on your driving if its mostly town driving short runs stop and starting etc then the valves can gum up.

Diesels are best for long runs and need to be revved to keep them happy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may well need another valve but it depends on your driving if its mostly town driving short runs stop and starting etc then the valves can gum up.

Diesels are best for long runs and need to be revved to keep them happy.
It gets a mixture of both town and motorway driving mainly motorway. Mind it still might be gummed up. Do you think if I cleaning it out that might solve it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its worth a go but its a pain to get at i would clean it then blank it
Will give it a go see what happens its better then nothing. Whats the best stuff to use to clean it? Was also thinking about blanking it as well they are more hassle than they are worth. Would it make any difference if the plate had a hole in it I know that it should stop the engine warning light coming up but i'm planning on getting it remapped shortly anyway once i have changed the air filter and exhaust so I will get them to delete it out.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
you dont need one with a whole for that model

havent it mapped out is a good idea because if the electrical bit goes faulty in the future you still need to replace the valve even though your not using it :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts