Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am the owner of a 2006 407 1.6 Deisel with 122k miles on it, It has been giving me a lot of bother recently and any advice would be greatly appreciated
Going back 8/9 months ago when started from cold and mostly accelerating through low gears, the car can jerk pretty violently, this happened now and again but in the last 3/4 months became more frequent - , also depolloution filter warning light was coming on but would clear after the car was stopped and restarted about 5/6 times.
I tool it to a dealer they put a new glow plug in it which left it driving ok for about 5/6 weeks, then jerking and depolloution started again( very frequently) , in addition on about three occassions I have been driving ESP/ ASR fault light has come on folled quickly by loss of power steering and oil pressure low light, Is top the car, restart then it is fine again.
I got an ECU update and got an EGR valve fitted , the car was driving fine for a couple of weeks but on way into work today started jerking hard again- 3/4 times in total

has anyone came across this problem before?

·
Registered
298 Posts
EGR's dont usually "jerk" hard....they usually "cough" slightly when your cruising, letting your foot off the accelerator to just cruise. it usually feels more like a slight pull back or miss fire rather than a harsh jerk
depending on your EGR model and ECU the car will also need to be "taught" the EGR as well.

having said that there are multiple issues that could throw up that depolution warning error. MAP sensor and MAF sensor (depending which one your car has); timing issues; faulty CAT
if you wish to truly diagnose if its the EGR then simply turn your car off. leave it a good 10 mins to cool down. and unplug the electric connection to the EGR.
this should leave the EGR closed and allow you to test driver without any issue at all.
you will have the depolution warning light on all the time but your EGR will be out of the equation.
if the car still jerks its not likely to be the EGR at fault. if it drives fine and dandy then your new EGR is either faulty or not coded to your car.
you can save yourself cash for either by blanking the valve off completely which will in effect stop the EGR working or hassle the garage to replace the unit and do a proper job! :)

test EGR first as described..un-plug it with car turned off anf test drive for awhile.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Firstly thanks for the replies to my query Sorry for not replying sooner but I was away for a couple of weeks holiday then sprained my ankle badly and have only got back driving this week ,
On the way into work yesterday car jerked/ missed three four times, then The ESP/ASR fault light came on followed by loss of power , this reoccurred 3 times within the next mile, next 30 miles drove no bother,
I took car to an auto spark and he came back with the following fault codes
P0335, P2137, relates i think to a potentiometer in the accelerator pedal,
This guy worked in a Puegeot dealer for many years before going out on his own and said that the recent ECU update should have done away with the fault in the pedal , if it didnt then it is the ECU itself which could be at fault,
Would appreciate any further thoughts ideas?

Regards

Gerry

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Towards the end of last year mine developed a very faint judder whilst warming up at slowish speeds.
Ive done nothing but feed it 2 stroke,200ml per tank for 6 months.It now has no jerk and it runs sweet.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Firstly thanks for the replies to my query Sorry for not replying sooner but I was away for a couple of weeks holiday then sprained my ankle badly and have only got back driving this week ,
On the way into work yesterday car jerked/ missed three four times, then The ESP/ASR fault light came on followed by loss of power , this reoccurred 3 times within the next mile, next 30 miles drove no bother,
I took car to an auto spark and he came back with the following fault codes
P0335, P2137, relates i think to a potentiometer in the accelerator pedal,
This guy worked in a Puegeot dealer for many years before going out on his own and said that the recent ECU update should have done away with the fault in the pedal , if it didnt then it is the ECU itself which could be at fault,
Would appreciate any further thoughts ideas?

Regards

Gerry
I've got a 307 SW 1.6 Diesel , with exactly same problems.
I can cruise at 70-110 km/h , and suddenly there is "jerking" and loss of power, before the jerking stops and power returns. Happened a few times with couple of months between. In the recent two to three times an ESP/ASR warning follows the jerking. This is cleared when starting the engine all over.

I am curious if you found the solution to your problem?

Know this is an old post, but still curious.

brgds,
John

·
12,095 Posts
Needs a diagnostic to be certain

·
Registered
871 Posts
I've got a 307 SW 1.6 Diesel , with exactly same problems.
I can cruise at 70-110 km/h , and suddenly there is "jerking" and loss of power, before the jerking stops and power returns. Happened a few times with couple of months between. In the recent two to three times an ESP/ASR warning follows the jerking. This is cleared when starting the engine all over.

I am curious if you found the solution to your problem?

Know this is an old post, but still curious.

brgds,
John

Had a similar issue to yours.... mine was the crankshaft sensor. Plug it into diagnostics, it will tell you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Had a similar issue to yours.... mine was the crankshaft sensor. Plug it into diagnostics, it will tell you.
Yeah, I've ordered the reading of fault codes. Fun part is that the cost of a reading is similar to buying a fault reader myself.

·
Registered
871 Posts
It happened on one day, first time, it was ABS/ESP warning light and it disabled cruise control. Second time, engine light too.... plugged it into peugeot diagnostics and can't say much more as I replaced my sensor ASAP after that. Has been fine ever since and now I don't get any warning messages if I redline it either.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It happened on one day, first time, it was ABS/ESP warning light and it disabled cruise control. Second time, engine light too.... plugged it into peugeot diagnostics and can't say much more as I replaced my sensor ASAP after that. Has been fine ever since and now I don't get any warning messages if I redline it either.
Also got the jerking with the warning lights?

·
Registered
42 Posts
So here is the latest results:

Fault readings are P1351,P0335,U1208

So the P0335 seems to relate to the rpm signal coming from crankshaft. So it seems this relates to the crankshaft sensor pins in connector , at least that is what they say is the issue " found fault on connector rpm sensor"

The first one is the preheaters , the last one i have no idea what is.

So the question is now, do i only change the connector and leave the sensor? Or do I need to change the wires, conector and sensor?
Also it seems the camshaft sensor is close to the multi/aux belt behind the lid.
But where is the Crankshaft sensor?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts