Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,
I am considering blanking the EGR valve on my 307 cc 2.0l 16v petrol due to certain running problems/code readings and would like some member views or advice on this. Is it considered an ok thing to do? Most of the info on the forums is to do with the diesel engines. Would I need to re-map the ECU after doing this and if so, can it be done with Planet?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
It's a much-covered topic on here - have a search through some of the threads and see what that throws up. Some members use the golf-tee method, others go along the plate route (it all depends on what type of valve you have fitted I think).

Remapping is a possibility, you'd need to experiment with what happens to your car by blanking (some cars seem to run fine without having it remapped).

·
11,875 Posts
Depends on your running problems and code readings really.

On mine there were no fault codes but a judder and hesitation when accelerating away from 2nd to 3rd, on both my 407 and 307, and it was virtually impossible to get access to replace it (my preferred choice).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Code readings are irregular but P0410 is the normal one and occasionally P0401 - have tried numerous fixes and next was to block off valve and if this sorted problem to then replace - although it sounds like a nightmare to do that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts