Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya...

Been having a trawl around and nopt really turning up any hints...

Ive bought the blanking plate for my Pug 307 HDI dTurbo (110) to blank off the EGR valve.
But i looks to be one hell of a pig to fit.
had a little poke around to get an idea of where im trying to get to.... But looks like you have to SOMEHOW go up from underneath the Vehicle.... :eek:

Are there any tips / methods to fitting the blanking plate...? (pictures very welcome)

Also... once its blocked, do i need to delete it from the ECU..?

Many Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
But i looks to be one hell of a pig to fit.
Yes, yes it is.

had a little poke around to get an idea of where im trying to get to.... But looks like you have to SOMEHOW go up from underneath the Vehicle.... :eek:

Are there any tips / methods to fitting the blanking plate...? (pictures very welcome)
Not quite underneath (although that would be adventurous). You'll need to remove the battery, the fuel filter, move the brake fluid reservoir, and possibly remove the wiper trim if you want the extra room. You'll need to slacken the bolts on the EGR, slide the plate in, and then re-tighten them.

Also... once its blocked, do i need to delete it from the ECU..?
No, you won't need to delete it. As far as the car is concerned the EGR will be working fine.

EDIT: Just wanted to say that I'm assuming you have the same car as I do ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the dTurbo is a 2.0. . . . Sorry should have added that :/
and im guessing that yours is as stated, the 1.6 ?
Many thanks for your reply though. . . If i cant help me then im sure it will help someone else

·
Registered
437 Posts
Apparently on the 2.0L you have to remove the top engine mount and pull the engine forward to access the EGR.

However, if you're aim is just to blank it then why not block the rubber pipe that goes into the top of the valve as this can be done with engine, wipers and brake reservoir all in situ. :thumb:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i just thought that using the plate would be more secure and effective.

So for the 2.0 (110) you have to remove the top engine mount (located where?)

do you really have to remove wipers / brake reservoir ?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Wiper arms etc, and the plastic panels under the windscreen are not too difficult to remove.

Here's a pic of the mount.

I'll be doing my EGR blanking when I do my cambelt.

307engine.jpg

·
Registered
437 Posts
For the engine to actually tip forward you will also need to disconnect the exhaust in front of the cat and disconnect the lower engine mount link.

As I say I'd just block the pipe unless you're determined to get a blanking plate in.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
build the bubble up, then pop it for me! Thanks lol
ok, so will blocking what ever pipe actually do the trick?
If so, why do people go to the effort of blanking it?

·
Registered
437 Posts
lol was reading up on doing my cam belt which mentioned the exhaust and lower mount link. Thought it best to give you the heads-up.

I think people ask themselves 'how can i stop gasses coming through the pipe?' and the most obvious answer is to close off the pipe. That's where the idea of a blanking plate comes from.

However. with the engine off, the EGR valve is closed hence the pipe is blocked. It opens under vacuum from the pipe on top of the valve and by blocking the pipe the vacuum cannot suck on the valve to open it.

The only time the blocking doesn't seem to work is if/when the valve is stuck open.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you manage to block the pipe of could you please take some pics etc for me to follow, Im reading loads of different methods of stopping egr and all different, Gibbos post advise on a pretty easy procedure but that was on a 90 bhp model which is slightly different to the 110bhp in terms of pipes etc...

·
Registered
437 Posts
In terms of pipes, the 90 and 110 are different because the 110 has 4 electro valves whereas the 90 has 2 hence finding the correct EGR electro valve is different.

However, I have blocked the pipe that goes into the actual EGR valve itself. This procedure would be the same on either the 90 or 110 and mine being the 110 has the 4 electro valves so I found blocking the vacuum pipe at the actual EGR valve easier with no chance of accidentally blocking the wrong pipe.

·
Registered
59 Posts
thanks for reply mate :thumb: with out the need to search all over (and partly because im sat at work and should be selling insurance ), can this be done with everything in situ?, and shall i just cut the pipe and block both ends?

Really have been trolling about for ages on this thought i had sussed untill it turned out my model had more hoses and im really not up fitting a blanking plate in place as I just really cant be arsed with the carry on

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
This was posted on an Ausie forum, I don't know wether to believe it or not, no one commented on it there.

Cheers george

"2.0 HDi tuning, anyone?
EGR is electronic. Blocking it off does improve economy and power for about 100km, until the ECU figures out something is wrong. It then disables the EGR function and put engine into a downgraded mode. Disconnecting the EGR valve electrical connector will have the same outcome.

One has to remember that these are euro 4 compliant and sometimes euro 5 compliant - so they are pretty advanced management systems. If the engine management determines something isn't right, it will put it into a downgraded mode. No engine lights come on but faults can be logged in engine ECU and BSI."

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi ive blocked my egr pipe of today thanks for advice, Havent noticed any difference but no engine management lights or any problems so far...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
gald the thread is proving useful to many people... Unfortunately my clutch has died on me and i have lost all drive. so for obvious reasons i haven't bothered to attempt this 'mod'

1 - 18 of 18 Posts