Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, i have bought a 2004 307 sw hdi (90bh) and having a bit of a nightmare so far. I have replaced all discs and pads, back box and repair section of exhaust, rear wiper arm, i have also had a full service done. I now have 2 problems that need sorted asap and would love some input of users of this site. 1st problem is a "clunking" noise cuming from the back of the engine, think it might be the EGR valve, how do i get to it? 2nd problem is a hard brake peddle in the morning with no stopping that goes away fairly quickly. Have been told it could be brake servo vacume pump? The car seems very sluggish compaired to my 2001 306 d turbo, should i be getting the same performance from the 307? Any help would be much appreacheated. Cheers, Addy.

·
11,778 Posts
For the brake issue, check your brake lines - especially the braided ones, the vacuum pipes, but the most likely candidate in my eyes will be the brake servo check valve - my 306 has just done the same.

New valve is £25 from Peugeot.

Also check your slave cylinder is OK. There's a repair kit for them which shows it may be a common issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts