Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2.0hdi 110 2002 model with dpf.
been having power loss and after alot of research on here I removed the MAF sensor and the car is running fine.

so from what i gather it could be a faulty MAF, but doubtful, more than like a faulty EGR solenoid.

I can see the 4 solenoids in the engine bay would like to know which one i should try replacing to see if this is causing the problem?

thanks

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
the one with the blue plug is the EGR its the top one of the 4 gearbox end,
but id say its the turbo solenoid is the issue its the lower one with the gray plug and vac pipe coming from under the car

you could swap this with the EGR one and see if the car feels any better but make sure you install the vac pipes the same way to take them off!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mate,

when you say the turbo solenoid is the lower one, you mean the very bottom one of the 4 or the one just lower from the egr solenoid?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
its the very bottom one with the gray plug.

blue plug is the EGR, the Black one down from the EGR is the one of the intake dosers/ flaps, then there's another black one to the far side beside the oil filter that's the other doser flap on the rear, the turbo one is the one near the bottom of the engine

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I swapped the EGR solenoid with the turbo solenoid today. Has made no difference at all. Still runs the same with the MAF sensor connected. Could it be as simple as a faulty MAF sensor? I have cleaned it with electrical contact cleaner. But no change.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea if you read above mate I already know it runs fine without the MAF plugged in but I want to find the problem so I can leave it plugged in as it affects mpg.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^ cheers Gibbo, I have looked at that but as the nearest is a good 1.5 hours from me I been trying to avoid that!!

P

·
0 Posts
^ cheers Gibbo, I have looked at that but as the nearest is a good 1.5 hours from me I been trying to avoid that!!
Hmm, maybe invest in the kit yourself then. If nearest person is 1.5 hours, you could fill a gap in the map and make the cash back by doing diagnostics.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes that would be a very good idea. But I would have no idea how to use it lol
I was surprised no one is closer to Bristol seeing as it's a fairly big city.

·
12,095 Posts
Someone is missing a big opportunity. Sadly people usually only come on here when they've got a problem, and once they've fixed it bugger off, treating the place like a free garage instead of being part of a community.

P

·
0 Posts
Yes that would be a very good idea. But I would have no idea how to use it lol
I was surprised no one is closer to Bristol seeing as it's a fairly big city.
Deffo invest the money and time to learn it. We are a good community here and will help you along.

·
Registered
3 Posts
its the very bottom one with the gray plug.

blue plug is the EGR, the Black one down from the EGR is the one of the intake dosers/ flaps, then there's another black one to the far side beside the oil filter that's the other doser flap on the rear, the turbo one is the one near the bottom of the engine
Wish I lived near you guys so I could get the wifes 308 fixed. Intermittant poor running when cold. Query EGR valve, Idle control valve or MAF sensor? Where does one start? Plugged it into a friends fault finder but no codes shown. RAC man called out, revved it hard and saw the needle dip then rise and suggested EGR or ICV. Any thoughts as I know when I take it to the garage, they will come back as no fault found and charge £80+ ....... Colin.

·
Registered
263 Posts
It was around £120 on ebay for the cable, interface and software.
Software does need activating with a code (which is available from someone on here!) and you need a laptop running XP (unless there is a newer version which runs on win7?)
Lexia 3 Diagbox V7.24 Citroen & Peugeot Diagnostic Interface | eBay
*other versions may be available cheaper, but will have to check with the guys here for reliability

1 - 19 of 19 Posts