Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just wandered if anyone on here has removed the egr valve from a 2008 807 (its the electric valve one). I was about to leave from our family holiday on a 5hr drive home & all of a sudden I lost all power, but it would idle. then it wouldn't even start, so called breakdown, they diagnosed the egr valve has got stuck. Had a look around on the web & couldn't find much about removal, apart from it looking a right pain in the @$*! I have found it on the car though. I was hoping to remove it then unblock/ clean. Then plug in computer to do a actuator test to see if it works. Thanks in advance.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
As it's electrical if you just remove it then the ECU will see it's not there and go into limp mode.

The EGR reports it's actual position back to the ECU and if the reported position is different from the requested position then you get limp mode -- which I guess is what has happened here.

It follows that you cannot just blank an EGR that is sticking.

So either you have to fix or replace the EGR, or get it mapped out of the ECU.

If you do have a working EGR and blank it then the car knows that something is up because it sees more fresh air than it was expecting coming in through the MAF. This is alywas logged as a fault but most of the time does not cause limo mode (twice in 5 years for me).

·
Registered
14,933 Posts
You NEED a new one what happens is the end of the valve falls off and the engine then only breathes exhaust fumes hence it cannot drive unplugging it wont help as the valve is still open due to it being broken.

There are 7 bolts in total to remove 2 on cooler 2 in back of body 2 on egr pipe going to front and 1 allen head bolt into bottom this can be loosened a few turns then valve slips off bracket have fun :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
egr update

Hi guys, just a quick update on the egr problem, after a lot of swearing & scratched up knuckles due to space I finally removed the egr valve. As soon as I separated it from the egr cooler it was apparent what the problem was, the dome type stopper that seals the opening in the valve had come off the actuator so it was permanently open. Found new Delphi ones for £300 +, I then remembered that there was some paperwork with the car & remembered there was some on a egr being fitted, I found the page & it had 4 days left on the 12mths warranty. So I called the garage who supplied/ fitted it and they where happy to exchange it for a nice shiny new one under the guarantee due to mechanical failure, HAPPY DAYS:thumb: Didn't take long to fit after taking it of & remembering to fit it back in order. I can now report that all is working as it should & how much of a job it was to remove, but strangely as I say it went back together so quickly. Thanks guys

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You NEED a new one what happens is the end of the valve falls off and the engine then only breathes exhaust fumes hence it cannot drive unplugging it wont help as the valve is still open due to it being broken.

There are 7 bolts in total to remove 2 on cooler 2 in back of body 2 on egr pipe going to front and 1 allen head bolt into bottom this can be loosened a few turns then valve slips off bracket have fun :)
spot on :thumb:mate thanks for the advice.:thumb:

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's a happy ending, nice work 🤗
I've a similar problem with several experts giving different solutions, the most popular being that the replacement electronic EGR needs to be programmed by a dealer 🤔

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a happy ending, nice work 🤗
I've a similar problem with several experts giving different solutions, the most popular being that the replacement electronic EGR needs to be programmed by a dealer 🤔
I did read about having to reprogram the new egr, but I just plugged mine in & started the car, worked fine.:thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts