Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Having trouble with the pesky EGR valve on my Pug 307 1.6 hdi 2004, it looks a bitch to get off as it is tucked away under the air filter box does anybody have a removal guide or a descriptive of what the EGR is held on by, any help would be most appreciative .

Thanks

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Gibbo, you dont need any thing like that its a pig to get too i will say that but if you remove the wippers and remove the tray that goes along the bottom of the window drop the engine mount pull the engine forward this will give you room to remove the EGR valve clean / or remove it :thumb:

i done a nice wee mod for the 110 removed the EGR and installed a inlet elbow from a 110 HDi without the FAP as are 110 FAP has like a 2 way elbow that eather comes from the intercooler or strait from the turbo to the inlet this is done with doser valves placed on the front and doser on the rear of the engine, while i was at it i blocked and removed the EGR system and have to say it runs smoother and nice pick up from low down, i did take pictures and was going to do a guide but i was stupid and let the brother use my camera and he wipped the card :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had read the window wiper route somewhere but didn't see anything about dropping the engine mount, had the scanner on it today some interesting codes, any advise in what would be causing them would be appreciated,

P1445 - Purge Flow Sensor High Input, quantity of additive to high
P1461 - A/C pressure sensor circuit voltage low - EGR valve learning
P0238 - Turbo Charger boost sensor A, high input

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
in the 2.0 hdi theres no room to see what your doing without dropping the mount and pulling the engine forward, the 1.6hdi am not sure off

that P0238 is your turbo valve that controls your wastgate could be sticking
am not sure if you could swap this one round with another from your car sometimes you can swap this with your EGR valve but if am right yours being the 1.6 the valve is built into the EGR its self

did you use planet to read the codes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cmax,

Didn't use planet, i used one of those code readers they give you the codes but no detail as you would in planet, from all the comments it does point towards the EGR even more so if that is where the turbo wastegate is.

1.6 Hdi the same as 2.0hdi in terms of room, very tight indeed, the air filter box needs to come out before you can even get your beady eyes on the EGR.

·
Registered
552 Posts
The EGR system on the 1.6HDI is vastly different to the 2.0HDI.

I've not been under the 307 with a 1.6HDI, but maybe if the induction pipes came off and you removed the Fuel Filter bracket, you MIGHT be able see/get to it.

EGR <- from a 1.6HDI 407, to give you an idea, they're not great, but helpful.

Phil

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, i managed to get hold of a Haynes and low and behold there is a little engine mounting to get stuck into so it looks like i am going to dedicate the freezing weekend to the EGR.

On the other hand the car is a fecking pain, ECU light went off for a couple of days and the car drove sweet as a nut, as soon as i put my foot down going from 1st to 2nd to 3rd that was it but of a dodgy noise, light back on and but driving ok, car drives lovely down the motorways but short trips a little ragged and last night the fan came on three times which indicates to me the DPF being clogged up, to be honest i don't know what to do for the best!! Apart from burn it !!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Thanks guys, i managed to get hold of a Haynes and low and behold there is a little engine mounting to get stuck into so it looks like i am going to dedicate the freezing weekend to the EGR.

On the other hand the car is a fecking pain, ECU light went off for a couple of days and the car drove sweet as a nut, as soon as i put my foot down going from 1st to 2nd to 3rd that was it but of a dodgy noise, light back on and but driving ok, car drives lovely down the motorways but short trips a little ragged and last night the fan came on three times which indicates to me the DPF being clogged up, to be honest i don't know what to do for the best!! Apart from burn it !!
get her on planet.
Can also do a force regen to try clear the DPF for a while.
im going to do the EGR clean on my 2.0 shortly. will get pics while im at it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes you can do it on a 1.6 hdi and its tight but you can leave the engine in the car easily. You can look for a guide how to remove the glowplugs because it is the same things you have to remove.
If you dont block the coolant hoses to the egr cooler you will have to change coolant also.

In short you have to remove the airfilterbox and all the pipes connected to it. Remove the battery and its tray. Fuelfilter and its mount. And the plastic under the windsheild have to go.
After that you can see it and remove it. The valve have 2 8mm bolts and the cooler 1 10mm nut and you have to feel your way to them. There are also 2 coolant hoses to the cooler but you can see their clamps.

Just be careful with all that brittle plastic and it should be possible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts