Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Car is a 307 2.0 HDI 110

I am hoping to completely remove my EGR and would like to get a pipe connector in advance so that I can connect the 2 coolant pipes together once the EGR is out.

Does anyone know what size these coolant pipes are so I can get a connector?

Cheers people.

G

·
0 Posts
Sorry, I can't really help much, but I seem to remember that people use copper pipe for repairs, the stuff for use around the house ( 15mm or 22mm..? ) so is it easy to measure the inside hole of your EGR?

You'll need a pair of jubilee clips as they're easier than the silly squeezy clips.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Copper pipe. Good idea, I'll bear that in mind if no-one comes up with an answer I'll get some pipe from B&Q or somewhere

Cheers

·
Registered
127 Posts
A section of copper pipe and jubilee clips is what I have used in the past to do a bypass on a coolant system.
Just out of interest,those squeezy clips that are used to connect the egr cooler to the egr valve,how do you remove them? as I am soon to remove mine to make things a bit easier to change the glow plugs,plus blank off the egr valve.I will not need to replace the clip as I have purchased a new screw type to fit after.
Would be grateful for any advice.

G

·
0 Posts
I don't know - I broke mine off as I too was blanking the EGR anyway. I kept the cooler in place in the interest of convenience but I didn't refit the clips as no dirty, sooty gas was going through it...:thumb:

G

·
0 Posts
No problem..:D

I think to do them properly you need a small but strong flat screwdriver to prise the clips apart at the knuckle, I think I could have reused them afterwards but access is limited so I didn't bother.

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
If you remove the entire egr pipework and cooler then you need to blank off the fittings at each end its easier just to fit a blanking plate and leave it all in place.

15mm copper pipe is what you use for joining heater pipes.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers for the replies. I shall get some 15mm copper pipe then.

Reason I'm removing it is because it's leaking coolant.

I have 3 and 4 mm blanking plates for both ends.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Mine is dripping from the back of the engine normally drops onto the middle of one of the driveshafts maybe the same issue. How do you actually get to it though

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I expect it's a case of removing wiper arms and plastic trim from bottom of windscreen and turbo air intake pipework.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I expect it's a case of removing wiper arms and plastic trim from bottom of windscreen and turbo air intake pipework.
Plus the air filter and filter box,to make it easier to get the air box out of the way you might find it better to remove at least the battery cover.With a good torch you should then be able to get a good view of the cooler pipe.It sounds a lot to remove,but is quite easy after you have done it a couple of times.Not a lot of space down behind the engine,,but doable.Hope this helps.

Graham

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
With scuttle plastics off you do get a little more room but not much.

With turbo air ducting off you get a bit more room.

I will be pulling the engine forward slightly to do mine

·
Registered
127 Posts
[/QUOTE]Those extra few inches with the scuttle panel and cross member removed makes one hell of a difference in a tight spot like that,and for the sake of 5 mins work is well worth it.This weekend I changed the glow plugs on my 1.6 hdi 110 307,plus blanked off the egr valve,to make things easier I also disconnected the egr cooler and pipe.As you can imagine it's a tight spot to work in,but with the aid of one of my wife's 6 inch diameter make up mirror done the job with very few problems.
So if I can do it at the age of 75,i'm sure some of you young ones will find it a doddle.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts