Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so today i ran some tests through PP on the engine to see if i can diagnose its running issues. It constantly feels like its holding back, especially cold, and is difficult to drive smoothly. Shuddering at low revs when you put the pedal down (4th at 35), idle is a little lumpy, MPG is giving me about 43 driven normally.

No engine faults.

I suspected my MAF however it seems to be working, results from PP today however show it a little high;

measured airflow 441 mg/impulse
air flow setting 382 mg/impulse
expected is about 115
EGR electrovaolve OCR 95%
EGR throttle electrovalve OCR 70%

The above are from idle.

I tried actuator tests on the EGR and ALL of them failed.

So, suspect the EGR is either unplugged, not there, bust, or who knows.

Can i blank off the EGR without requiring anymore work than I can achieve with PP? If not how can i go about testing its operation and clean it? I have tried a can of EGR cleaner to no avail.

I do however, have no faults coming up on the ECU.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it is a 2 litre 90 then the egr is simple you just unplug the vacuum from the solenoid valve feed side and plug it the egr will stay shut.

I've done that already and am wondering if that's my issue. I need to double check I've unplugged the correct vacuum hose. Does it need blanking off at the hose, and the old connection is was previously on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no just plug the feed hose to keep the vacuum working in fact on a 90 thats probably not even essential as the turbo is boost controlled not vacuum

Ah cool ok, I was worried that may be an issue. I just took the car out for a blast and the air flow readings are still high. What could be the cause for this? Everything else seems in spec.

IMG_1752.JPG IMG_1753.JPG IMG_1754.JPG

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
when egr is removed/unpluged the air flow reading will go up because the car does not have any egr so will use more fresh air instead

egr = exhaust gas re circulation, this sends exhaust gas back into the engine in place of fresh air so if not egr then more fresh air needed

the purpose of the egr is to reduce the burn temperature in the engine to reduce nox emissions but as a result it increases black soot so then they brought dpf filters in

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
when egr is removed/unpluged the air flow reading will go up because the car does not have any egr so will use more fresh air instead

egr = exhaust gas re circulation, this sends exhaust gas back into the engine in place of fresh air so if not egr then more fresh air needed

the purpose of the egr is to reduce the burn temperature in the engine to reduce nox emissions but as a result it increases black soot so then they brought dpf filters in

Right, gotcha. I'm happy with that now then. From your guys expert eyes is anything else off with those readings?

It's not running right at all when it's cold. Very flat up to boost coming in, hesitant, when rolling in say 3rd gear and foot not moving it will occasionally speed up or slow down. It's like I'm fighting the bloody car when I'm driving it.

No brakes binding and I have a new throttle pedal. All wiring is right and no intermittent faults.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Right, gotcha. I'm happy with that now then. From your guys expert eyes is anything else off with those readings?

It's not running right at all when it's cold. Very flat up to boost coming in, hesitant, when rolling in say 3rd gear and foot not moving it will occasionally speed up or slow down. It's like I'm fighting the bloody car when I'm driving it.

No brakes binding and I have a new throttle pedal. All wiring is right and no intermittent faults.

when was it last serviced?
fuel filter
oil and filter
air filter

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Everything except fuel filter two weeks ago. And I know, that's my next logical step. I'm just wary of cracking the housing during the week when I need to drive to work

·
Registered
185 Posts
You could try diss-connecting the MAF to test it,

while the engine is running unplug the MAF Sensor and take it for spin, if it improves then you have solved your problem, if not then it hasn't cost you anything

Also with regards to your EGR Valve, there are 2 Solenoids, 1 that controls the Turbo and 1 that controls the EGR, unplug 1, if the car drives slow then you have the wrong Solenoid, plug it back in and unplug the other, or if you unplug it and the car still drives OK then you have the right 1, that way you do not need to mess around with blanking it or pulling out the vacuum hose and blanking it

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I gave the MAF unplugging a go and didn't really notice a difference. From the PP data its working well, as it will default to (i think) 506 with it disconnected.

Ill have a look at the vac connection but what the guy above made sense about the airflow being higher due to the EGR having its vacuum removed, so im confident its working.

Fuel filter is next i suppose :confused:

·
11,780 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts