Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 307's had the Anti-Pollution Faulty warning coming and going for a while.
Faults showing on Diagbox are:

Code:
P0409 - Electric EGR valve position copy signal
Permanent fault
Valve stuck during programming
And 3 Intermittent.

Code:
P0489 - Electric EGR valve position copy signal
Intermittent
Valve opening too large

P0490 - Electric EGR valve position copy signal
Intermittent
Valve opening too small

P1162 - Electric EGR valve position copy signal
Intermittent
Valve stuck when driving
All 4 used to show Intermittent, along with a 5th (P1461).
I took the EGR off, cleaned it up a bit (got rid of some soot) and checked that the moving bit attached to the motor/actuator still moves (it does). I put it back together and cleared the faults.
Over the last 3-4 weeks, these 4 have come back.
The BSI has been reset following the batt disconnection.

The fault journal shows P0490 and P1162 as the most common, and them appearing and disappearing together. P0489 does appear sometimes, but a lot less often.

Any ideas?
Is there an EGR sensor or something elsewhere other than on the EGR itself, and can it be forced to relearn?
Is the EGR goosed?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thank you for suggestion. I was thinking the same. Probably it is not worth just to clean it.
In my case I have to pay mechanic for taking the unit. So if you can take it out by yourself them it is worth try to clean it. If cleaning will not help you replace it. In my case I would have to pay twice: first for cleaning and second time for replacing. So I decide to just replace it and pay only once.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes I will do it by myself at this weekend, now during driving and when engine reach working temperature I feel lag in response of acceleration pedal and engine traction become weaker during acceleration. Also i don`t see any pollution fault at dashboard, just in diagbox global test.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So i have changed EGR valve and programmed it, but still have the same faults. The old one was really a little bit stucking. The new one performs without problems at hands. Also the response to acceleration pedal now is better. Miscellaneous information shows that Last and First EGR valve programming value is incorrect and the fault says that valve stuck during programming. I have tried to repeat it few times and got the same fault. By the way no pollution fault light on dashboard.

Maybe anybody have any suggestions?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, during replacement of egr valve I have disconnected the battery for about one hour. I thing it is more then enough time for BSI to reset. Am I right?

·
Registered
12 Posts
So after long time of writing here, I still have the same problem. During what time, I have already do BSI reset, like it was mentioned earlier. Also I have tried to change three second hand EGR valves, each of them ware Valeo ant had the same part number. Each of them had shown the same faults. When I thought that it may be the problem of my china cable that it can`t program first ant last EGR valve position value. So I decided to give the car to Peugeot official service, they have tried to program my old EGR valve, bet it was no result and they suggested my to change with the new genuine EGR valve. I agreed, but unluckily it did not solve the problem, so they put back my old one. Also they updated the engine Ecu (EDC16C34) software - did not help.

After all work I still have the faults:

P1459 Electric EGR valve position copy signal valve stuck open while driving local

P0490 Electric EGR valve position copy signal valve opening too small local

P0409 Electric EGR valve position copy signal valve stuck during programming local

The last fault is erasable, but after some period it comes back. First two faults even can`t be erased.

The regeneration still happens, 5 cycles average distance is about 300 km.
I do not see any depollution fault in dashboard.

The car goes perfectly during long distances, or after a long period of staying (during night). The problem emerge when i drive the car then stop for in example 15 min and when drive it again. It feels lack of power during accelerating and little late response to acceleration pedal.

Concerning all conclusions i presume that EGR is working fine and the problem is somewhere else. Peugeot dealer suggest to change engine ecu (new costs 1300 Eur) almost half of the car price. The other way is to find ECU from other car, but when I need also to change BSI and immo. But still it doesn`t give me guarantee that it will sort all problems.

Now I am confused and don`t believe that problem is in engine ECU itself.

Maybe somebody could suggest me where else could I look for a problem?

D

·
0 Posts
There are sortware updates for these problems also.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds very familiar.. Have a look at this
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/307-38/peugeot-307-egr-problem-19713/

If I were you I would put in a blank plate and I bet it will be the end of your egr problems. You will still have errors on ecu when you reàd faults but as long as the engine management light stays off and car drives correctly who cares.
Yes, i would put the blanking plate, but what about fap and regeneration? egr takes part in that game. so if i put a blanking plate i should take out fap. am i right?

·
Registered
12 Posts
There are sortware updates for these problems also.

Sent from my GT-S5690
could you tell more, please? do you mean remaping? if i remap the ecu i also should take out fap. peugeot dealer had downloaded newest available software at 13 of fabruary 2013.

Are where no other choise just to remove fap and remap ecu?

·
Registered
67 Posts
could you tell more, please? do you mean remaping? if i remap the ecu i also should take out fap. peugeot dealer had downloaded newest available software at 13 of fabruary 2013.

Are where no other choise just to remove fap and remap ecu?
I also had Peugeot update the ECU with the latest software and it did no good either..

Im open to correction but as far as i know the EGR being blanked will not stop the regen of the fap. With the error i have on mine the EGR doesnt work at all and is effectively blanked as its permantently closed. It has been like this for over 30K miles and there is no issues with the fap yet. I regularly check the differential pressure on the fap with planet and so far its fine. Also according to planet regens are still occurring.

If i were back to the begining with mine i would be just blanking it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts