Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. can someone shed some light on what may have happened to my car, please? I bought her 2nd hand 7 months ago for just under 5k and am now facing 4k worth of repairs within that time.

2006 307cc SE 2.0 hdi (VIN: VF33BRHRH84535905)

3 months after purchase, car went into limp mode for about 10 seconds then stopped completely and would not restart. Emissions warning light was on. Car went back to dealer as within 6 month warranty. Fault codes were P0490 & P1461 although these were not read on a Peugeot diagnostics machine but they 'cannot remember which diagnosis tool they used as they have so many'.

They diagnosed EGR valve needed replacing as it had 'failed/come adrift internally'. I have the part - it's certainly black on the inside but there's a small mushroom shaped piece of metal about the size of a 10p pence that's loose in the box. Valve replaced at cost of £400 - part wasn't apparently covered by warranty (no reason why) so I was asked to pay 50% although I will be querying this now under SOGA.

Car ran fine for about 6 weeks then started stuttering and jerking almost as if she needed to backfire. Car was out of warranty so I took it to another garage as I assumed she needed a service (although dealer also reset my service indicator back to 20,000 but didn't do a service before I picked her up). Garage called to say they'd changed some air and fuel filters but had also found metal in fuel filter housing which would suggest fuel pump failure. However, Peugeot have since had the car for diagnostics and can find no fault in my fuel system so this may have happened before I bought her - the question remains as to whether the fuel system was flushed out if the pump had been replaced in the past.

Picked car up - started engine then had Depollution message and P2563 & P2565 (again, not Peugeot diagnostics). Took car to Peugeot who have now diagnosed that injector number 4 is arcing and I need new injector and arm – also turbo damage (water, I think) - so bill to fix car is just shy of £3,500.

Only service history I have is the service booked that's been regularly stamped. I've not had any messages about DPF but am not sure if, again, this message had showed before I purchased the car.

So my questions are:

1. Should the dealer have checked anything when replacing EGR valve?
2. Was the EGR the only problem?
3. Will EGR fault cause the car to just stop, not lose power?
4. Can I pull old fault codes off the ECU at all - it may give me some history on my motor?
5. How do I find out about the state of my DPF and whether it has needed replacing/refilling in the past?

Any other advice would be greatly received!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only outstanding codes now are p2563 & p2565 although these aren't on the Peugeot service sheet - they're from another garage.

Just found Peugeot paperwork which states 'turbo repeat fault recorded, requires replacement´ then it says ´signs of arching in injector connectors, recommend compression test, injector and loom´

D

·
0 Posts
Ok. Just replace the turbo repeat sensor on top of the turbo control module at the side of the turbo. You'll have to buy the module though and just remove the sensor off it. The module capsule is a pig to fit thats why im saying just replace the sensor.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts