Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys im after some advice ive had my 2006 407hdi sw 7 years about a month ago the egr started clicking 5 or 6 times when the cars turned off i took it to my local garage and he said the egr was knackered to yesterday i replaced it with a new one (Delphi) only to my disappointment that it still clicks after turning the car off.Ive been intouch with Shrewsbury Peugeot and they tell me as long as its not thrown up any codes and theres no change in power then its ok i just find it strange and annoying how its not done this for 6+ years and now this has started happening.Does the car need plugging in to tell it that its had a new Egr???? Any advice would be welcomed thank you. 07853903444 Steve

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Guys im after some advice ive had my 2006 407hdi sw 7 years about a month ago the egr started clicking 5 or 6 times when the cars turned off i took it to my local garage and he said the egr was knackered to yesterday i replaced it with a new one (Delphi) only to my disappointment that it still clicks after turning the car off.Ive been intouch with Shrewsbury Peugeot and they tell me as long as its not thrown up any codes and theres no change in power then its ok i just find it strange and annoying how its not done this for 6+ years and now this has started happening.Does the car need plugging in to tell it that its had a new Egr???? Any advice would be welcomed thank you. 07853903444 Steve
Mine's been clicking for a year now lol. No idea why, always wondered what it could be.

It also has a humming sound coming from it, like a constant beep.

Now i deleted my EGR and DPF because they are too annoying. Car runs abit better, no smoke, no smell, no noise, better acceleration and mpg.

·
6,572 Posts
The valve goes through a cleaning cycle when you switch the car iff

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts