Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
as part of my routine maintenance I'm thinking of regularly cleaning the egr valve using a spray whilst the engine is running. (i believe its a big job to get egr out of 307 2.0hdi).

Does anyone ever do this, if so how often and what cleaner do you use?

Can this method be harmful to the car, what happens to the deposits that are loosened using this method.

The car is running fine at present but has done 86k.

thanks in advance

J

·
0 Posts
Which 2.0HDI engine? 90, 110 or 136?

The EGR on the 136 isn't too bad to do, apart from the fact its at the back of the engine :rolleyes:

I've just blanked my EGR off as it causing the car to run rough, yet not showing any faults on a diagnostic, but the performance without it is far better than with it :thumb:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its the 90.

when you blank it off, does that mean no exhaust gases are recycled?

cheers

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While its running ok I wont worry, but when I get time I might blank it off, if I can do the job

I believe its located at the back of the hdi90. If you have time aany chance you could list the steps involved to blank it off.

cheers

J

·
0 Posts
Agree, don't go looking for problems :lol:

I've only blanked mine off as a test to prove that the poor running is down to the EGR, as the dealer keeps saying there isn't anything wrong with it. But now its blanked, the car is running perfectly smooth, just how it should be.

Yeah, heard its a pig to remove/clean the EGR on the 90. All I did to blank mine was buy an aluminium plate off ebay (but you could make your own) that simply slides in between the pipe and the valve, just like a gasket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts