Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 307 2.0 HDi 90 with the RHY engine.

I have an antipollution message and the engine management light on. I have checked it on Planet and the fault relates to the EGR
The fault report says:
"EGR Consistancy Air Flow"
EGR Air Flow High"

Can I use the golf tee method to blank off the EGR or will I need to use a blanking plate.
The reason I ask is because fitting the blanking plate looks to be a bitch of a job whereas the golf tee seems an easier fix.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hi, I have a 307 2.0 HDi 90 with the RHY engine.

I have an antipollution message and the engine management light on. I have checked it on Planet and the fault relates to the EGR
The fault report says:
"EGR Consistancy Air Flow"
EGR Air Flow High"

Can I use the golf tee method to blank off the EGR or will I need to use a blanking plate.
The reason I ask is because fitting the blanking plate looks to be a bitch of a job whereas the golf tee seems an easier fix.
You can.
Just google it.

·
12,291 Posts
Yep, I've already covered it in detail

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand the procedure for fitting both but am unsure whether my EGR is stuck open or closed as I have a high air Flow fault.
If it is stuck open, will the golf tee system work?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know, but that is the fault that shows up on Planet. It brings on the Engine Management Light so something must be wrong, even though the car runs great.

·
7,214 Posts
Sounds like the valve is stuck partly or fully open. ECU is seeing lower flow than expected at MAF and therefore assumes balance of expected airflow is coming from EGR (as RHY/S is vacuum controlled with no feedback sensor).

You can also get this code if the EGR is fine and you have an air leak (eg split or loose hose) between the MAF and turbo inlet which is allowing air to be drawn in

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Windy, Thanks for the explanation.
If I had a split hose between the MAF and the turbo inlet wouldn't that give me rough running or limp mode though.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hi Windy, Thanks for the explanation.
If I had a split hose between the MAF and the turbo inlet wouldn't that give me rough running or limp mode though.
Rough running yes limb mode no.
Is the faults read using Lexia or a generic code reader?
It is not possible to get high airflow on a diesel, since the air is not controling the mix.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Barbaren, I am using a clone adapter and my laptop. I use Planet.
I have got no rough running and the EML has been on for the last 4 years. I just turn it off before I take it for it's 2 yearly inspection. I comes on if I travel downhill off the throttle.

·
7,214 Posts
Air may not throttled but the ecu still knows what airflow is required to meet the air fuel ratio for the torque or fuel demand

If the airflow/boost is outside of the expected values it will log a fault either for high/low air flow or boost as appropriate

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hi Barbaren, I am using a clone adapter and my laptop. I use Planet.
I have got no rough running and the EML has been on for the last 4 years. I just turn it off before I take it for it's 2 yearly inspection. I comes on if I travel downhill off the throttle.
Try disconnecting your maf i take it for a drive see if you fell any difference.
I think you fault is there.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi, I have disconnected the MAF this morning and taken it for a run. I have noticed no difference in the running of the car but maybe it took a little longer to warm up. Performance was exactly the same.
I am assuming that I have disconnected the right thing. It is on the air intake hose juat after the air filter.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hi, I have disconnected the MAF this morning and taken it for a run. I have noticed no difference in the running of the car but maybe it took a little longer to warm up. Performance was exactly the same.
I am assuming that I have disconnected the right thing. It is on the air intake hose juat after the air filter.
Yes
You did it right.
That means it wasnt the MAF. At least you know that now.
Hmmm very Wierd.
I suppose if the egr is stuck wide open exhaust will be able to escape that way. So the pressure will be high under load.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have just googled MAF faults and it said that to test it you unplug it while the car is running and if it works ok the engine should stop. If it doesn't the MAF is faulty.
By his system that would indicate that my MAF is faulty.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Have just googled MAF faults and it said that to test it you unplug it while the car is running and if it works ok the engine should stop. If it doesn't the MAF is faulty.
By his system that would indicate that my MAF is faulty.
When you disconnect the MAF the ECU will detect it as faulty. Then it will run the engine on some pre entered values. Therefore it will in most cases feel like an improvement.
Never experienced the engine stopped.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok. I am just really confused as the car runs great, no smoke, good fuel consumption, smooth running. The only problem is the EML light and the Anti Pollution warning every time I start the engine.
I have put up with it for over 4 years but it would be nice just to rectify it.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Ok. I am just really confused as the car runs great, no smoke, good fuel consumption, smooth running. The only problem is the EML light and the Anti Pollution warning every time I start the engine.
I have put up with it for over 4 years but it would be nice just to rectify it.
Totally get it.
Try the blanking plate. It is a 10 min job.
Or spent a sunday with your lovely pug dismantling and cleaning the egr.
It is a dirty but very satisfying job. A lot of dismantling.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts