Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 2004 307 xsi hdi

Tonight i am going to put a blanking plate. I have ran for a few days with EGR disconnected and it is so much better.

Just wanted to know if there is any tips for getting the blanking plate in.

There isnt much room at the back there, i understand you just undo two bolts slide it in and re-do the bolts.

But you cant see them and struggle to feel.

Is there any advice?

·
Registered
37 Posts
2.0 hdi RHS engine. Just seen your comments re "RE-seating" - is that required?
Does this "mod" help with the slow speed lurching issue??
Thanks in advance.
Ive bypassed an EGR before, by disconnecting a hose and putting a bolt in the hose to block it, is this the same type of procedure?? Im assuming the EGR works off a vacuum

·
Registered
206 Posts
i was thinking of doing this but i have read later on ya car starts playing up?
has anyone got a pic of it for me? ive not bunged any pipe before so need to know what im doing. Unplug it and put a bolt in?

·
11,724 Posts
Maybe its just the engineer in me but I don't like the idea of blocking a pipe with a screw or bolt.

On a 306 forum they talk of unplugging the pipe and blocking it with a self tapper. If that's the case is the pipe just flailing around the engine bay? What happens if the screw comes out or splits the pipe? What about the part of the EGR valve where the pipe originally went in?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I havent done it on my 307 yet, but the theory behind it is sound, ie the EGR is not being used. I cut a piece of hose and blocked that up on my Pajero with a bolt, that was sweet for 2 years, and still ok now, since Ive passed it on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts