Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm looking to buy an EGR blanking plate for my 1.6HDI 307 but I'm not sure which one I need? I can buy just the blanking plate on its own or I can buy the blank with the gaskets but i'm not sure if I need the gaskets? I hoping I can just buy the blanking plate because the blanking plate with the gaskets is from Poland and I will have to wait 2 weeks for it to come.

Also does anyone know if its possible to fit the blanking plate without having to loose coolant and move the diesel filter? I'm hoping if I take the battery and air filter out I should have enough room to undo the EGR bolts slightly and slide the plate in?

EGR Blanking Plate: EGR Blanking Plate CITROEN C3, C4, C5, BERLINGO XSARA PICASSO 1.4 & 1.6 HDi | eBay

EGR Blanking Plate with Gaskets: 25_B. EGR valve Blanking Plate Gaskets for PEUGEOT CITROEN 1.4 1.6 HDI | eBay

Thanks in advance
James

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Fitting the blanking plate won't interfere with the coolant and diesel supplies - you're only dealing with the exhaust re-circulation circuit.

If you're struggling to get hold of a gasket, try running a small bead of temp resistant sealant round the plate. I had to bodge a mates using body sealer, and it worked a treat.

Just do as you said - remove windscreen scuttle, air filter box and battery gubbins and it's sat under where the filter box was.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I bought a plate with the cut outs for the bolts, instead of holes.

That way you can just loosen the bolts and slide the plate in.

This was on a 1.4hdi though.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
just unbolt it and slide the egr blank in.

if the egr has been on for a while it may be stuck

best way is to remove the fuel filter and the bracket for the fuel filter gives you full access

i tried doing it the easy way but dropped the blank behind the engine lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi
did the slide in procedure on my 1.6 after removing the fuel filter it was a dream to get to (and battery and air box too) -
Mine had a working egr before doing this so no MIL light or any problems after. (Been on about six months now)
The biggest driving difference is no engine brake anymore that i use to have just keeps on rolling...

Tech wise the oil stays clean for a couple of months instead of minutes like it use to be before :D:D:thumb:

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
If the egr is working you don't need to map it if the electrical side packs up you will get the management light on

Really unsatisfactory having to replace a part that doesn't get used lol

·
Registered
60 Posts
In my 207 1.4HDi, the ignition ECU complained after I fitted the blanking plate so I did the EGR delete re-map.

Really cheap, easy to do. £10 MPPS interface from the bay and someone on ecuedit.com modified the map and corrected the checksum.

Runs like a dream now, the increased power at 1500 rpm is very noticeable and the engine generally feels torquier, also the fuel consumption has improved.

I had to get a garage to do the blanking plate as it defeated my DIY skills :eek:

So the whole job cost me £70. Quite a bit better than a new valve and its a permanent fix.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts