Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all.

My P 407 1.6 HDI 2004 causing my headache.

Last month I have done 2500 miles Eurotrip. On the beginning of my jurney engine started coughing, some sort of hiccup around 75 mph. It never happened before so I thought it would be bad fuel. I filled up a half of fuel tank at the Shell station and everything went back to normal.

It happened again after my return to UK.

PP said
P0335
P1462
F40A
F4C4

Please see attached pictures.

P0335 faulty sensor, I will have a look and replace.

EGR look good, that mean motor is faulty?

Should I consider blanking or replace of EGR.

Oil level is correct (between dot and full). Same as before trip. Week ago I had oil warning light on dashboard (red christmas tree) and the engine shutdown while I was driving.

My service is due in November, oil and all filters.

Any ideas will help.

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Could be that your car was just doing a regen of the dpf. My one 407 tends to fart and splutter a bit when doing one occasionally.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had same problem. The pipes to the egr cooler were blocked on mine. It appeared to be regenerating the dpf filter, but would never quit manage it and kept regenerating . I was using diesel additives left wright and centre previously, along with dpr regenetor fluid, non really worked. I had the hiccuping drive etc and finally the complete loss of acceleration on the motorway. Rac did a temp blank on a very sooted egr cooler pipe and it ran fine. I did a pro blank off ebay later and carried on driving home ok. I had changed egrd, then later cleaned egrs, cleaned dpf filters, replaced additive etc. So finally i blanked the egr and did a remap with volta and mpps to remove the egr and dpf. It now runs much better although later my air flow meter was faulty so it gave fault codes for depolution.
Pug 407 1.6 hdi 05. Check the egr cooler pipes it could be sooted. I think its when the egr opens on the motorway to regen and it cant work because all of the soot in engine air intake. The dpf filter could also be blocked you can take it out from the bottom of the engine by loosing the flexible pipe to the exhaust and unbolting the pipes from the sides of the housing. Its located in the front of the engine inside a housing under the cat converter and can be pulled out and cleaned with a jet wash or bricked if you remap the filter out. Youtube has videos on the pug 1.6 hdi wash dpf.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for replay.

I checked pipe to EGR, look exactly like EGR inside, relatively clean.

If EGR valve stack and all is clean inside should I replace EGR?

Today again my car had one hiccup around 2k rpm

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think its at 2000 rpm the car starts a regeneration on the dpf. I havevhad all kinds of issues with two 1.6 hdi citroen puegeot. Have you looked at the injectors for leaks not sure if dirty or leaking injector seals have anthing to do with it. Could be the dpf filter getting blocked like i say every 100 k they say change or clean or have pro clean. Its not that difficult take off. Also have you scanned puegeot plannet or obd scanner to find fault. The sensor on the egr can do although the egr looks good it stays open and should closed except at motorway cruising. The air inlet manifold gets clogged as well with soot. A blocked dpf would go in limp mode. A bad maf sensor will cause problems depends on change of outside air tempreture if it starts to cause a problem unplug it a while and see if car runs better

1 - 5 of 5 Posts