Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

So ive now covered about 400 miles and find i eally like the egc box and start stop system one thing that is a puzzle maybe someone can help with.

When you slow down eco light comes on engine stops while my foot is on footbrake. If your going to be stopped for a good few mins you might decide to put handbrake on snag is when i apply the handbrake the engine starts up again does that mean the only eco method is switch the engi e off at the key

In case you think I’m lazy just keep foot on brake i was keen not distort disks from heat

Just feels like I’m missing something lol 3008 active 2014 ehdi

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Just thinking out loud - if it's a manual transmission, it probably works that way to facilitate a hill start.

If it's auto, could you use Park instead of the handbrake?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just thinking out loud - if it's a manual transmission, it probably works that way to facilitate a hill start.

If it's auto, could you use Park instead of the handbrake?
Thank you Ian the cars a semi automatic it does work for hill start just seems bizarre that for longer stops maybe road work lights i need sit with my foot on the brake lol bit self defeating ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
The engine stays stopped if you knock the gear shift to N and then release your foot brake. Obviously only ok if you are on a level surface. As soon as you put it in drive, the engine fires up.

·
Registered
49 Posts
One of the criteria that has to be met (in the manual) is that the car has to be on the level and not on an incline. I just release the brake pedal after the engine stops.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts