Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just plugged diagbox into the car, all ECU's came back as no dialogue/communcation error, apart from the ignition/injection (which had 5 faults).

This suggests to me that BSI/ECU's aren't happy, could anyone shed any light or share their experiences?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
cheers mate, I've put my car through your PP and something similar happened - it'd refuse to read anything other than one or two ECU's, don't know if this has any bearing on things?
Check what revision your Interface cable is... A, B or C.

Certain versions of diagbox require specific version of firmware on the interface cable.

·
5,994 Posts
I would also make sure you select correct VAN/CAN version if CAN is selected on VAN models you often get Engine ECU response (i think due to fall back OBD mode) and nothing else. 2003 car should work fine with /B if used with old version of Diagbox or Planet (on VAN)

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
It could be a dodgy interface. I'd try the interface on a different car and / or get someone else to connect to your car to see if the situation is the same before worrying about the BSI being faulty.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would also make sure you select correct VAN/CAN version if CAN is selected on VAN models you often get Engine ECU response (i think due to fall back OBD mode) and nothing else. 2003 car should work fine with /B if used with old version of Diagbox or Planet (on VAN)
Cheers Windy, that could explain things - I've been selecting CAN, whereas according to other posts in the forum suggest I should be selecting VAN.

The benefits of trawling through older posts....

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It could be a dodgy interface. I'd try the interface on a different car and / or get someone else to connect to your car to see if the situation is the same before worrying about the BSI being faulty.
Thanks storeman, I've had someone else read the diagnostics before, and their PP set-up only read a specific ECU and certain parameters. This has left me wondering whether BSI is faulty, but then again it could just be an incorrect approach to diagnosing on 2 occasions. Stranger things have happened!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts