Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need an ecu for one of the cars I look after due to the pins on the plugs are badly damaged and some snapped. Am I okay to get a 2nd hand ecu and just enable and disable the right things? Cause my mate doesn't want to pay 700 pound for an ecu and 230 labour... Cheers Craig

·
5,662 Posts
If you can find ecu with same part number and software version then you may (dependant on how bad the damage is to your ecu) be able to get a mapper or good electronics repair shop to read flash from old ecu and write it to the new one.

Other option would be complete ECU/BSI etc swap

G

·
0 Posts
The BSI/ECU/Key transponder swap isn't too bad, but your cars mileage will adjust to the donor ECU mileage, which would be a pity if donor car was a high mileage car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

My 207 got an issue where it is not accelerating over 2000 rev and agent initially said its a problem with Acctuator but later found the ECU is not giving right signal so the ECU is faulty.

Are these after market ECUs which are available with the label "plug and play" or they will code the ECU if we send our original part to them really work?

I was after this one - ECU ENGINE CONTROLLER PEUGEOT 207 1.6 BOSCH 0261S04008, 0 261 S04 008, 9664738780, 96 647 387 80, 9663193580, 1039S22153 auto24parts

My VIN is: VF3WC5FWF33986011

Thanks in advance for any advice on this!

·
5,662 Posts
The plug & play ones are free running the immobilizer function is disabled and they just enable standard options. You would be better off sending your ECU to be tested first to check 100% it faulty, they also maybe able to repair for less price that plug and play unit

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks mate. I'm not sure whether I'm allowed ask this, Is there any places who we can trust on repairing the ECU or we can send them to get swapped?

I have heard there are many places who advertise on these but ultimately send an ECU which doesnt work at all.

·
5,662 Posts
Ecu testing or BBA reman are both said to be good I used BBA in the past with abs ecu and they fixed it fine with a lifetime warranty. If no fault found they just charge a handling fee

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
BBA are well known as good company.

as for changing over ecu or recoding etc, you will need Peugeot dealer to do this am 99.9% sure as need to code every ecu on the car into it.

·
5,662 Posts
If BBA can fix it no coding required as they will send you repaired original

1 - 10 of 10 Posts