Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i own a307 hdi dturbo (110 bhp) im thinking of having an ecu remap to increase the bhp to 135 and the torque to 350 nm. has anyone had this done and are their any drawbacks to this? i have heard it can put extra strain on the turbo which could give problems in the long run

·
Registered
122 Posts
depending on what other engine mods you've had done, mapping a standard turbo engine is a complete waste of time, and this is same with any car.
If you're turbo tuned, induction kit, full exhaust system complete with up-rated manifold, larger injectors, chipped etc then i recommend a re-map otherwise id just stick to the basics, other wise you'll be paying out for something for nothing. Plus when coming to insure the car you will need to have an engineers certificate to state that the car is still safe, which all costs money, inc. putting your premium up.
If you still want a re-map check the company v-tune out they can give you any further information you may require, along with a complete price for doing the job.

·
Registered
1 Posts
rempping

hi my 206 GT has Longman throttle bodys which needes a tune up or remap of ECU can anyone help im in portsmouths. thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
Whistler said:
depending on what other engine mods you've had done, mapping a standard turbo engine is a complete waste of time, and this is same with any car.
If you're turbo tuned, induction kit, full exhaust system complete with up-rated manifold, larger injectors, chipped etc then i recommend a re-map otherwise id just stick to the basics, other wise you'll be paying out for something for nothing. Plus when coming to insure the car you will need to have an engineers certificate to state that the car is still safe, which all costs money, inc. putting your premium up.
If you still want a re-map check the company v-tune out they can give you any further information you may require, along with a complete price for doing the job.
I disagree with this comment. I had my Passat TDI remapped and it was a completely different car. It didnt have much poke and always seemed ro be flat. AFter the remap it was far more responsive and put you back in the seats.

See ukpassats.co.uk for plenty of people who have just remapped, you don't have to have all these extra's etc........

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
Whistler said:
Old Irish saying "what a load of balls":noshare:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Whistler said:

ha ha remmaping a standard car will actually completely change the car,some people dont want to go down the route of bolting on bigger turbos intercoolers and exhausts,which in most cases if not done properly will turn the car in to a unreliable night mare.
how can a remap that gives you an increase of 30bhp and still get reliability be a complete waste of time.

C

·
0 Posts
Thw remap on my non-turbo petrol 2.2 liberated another 31BHP, which shows how unstressed they *re (although I was more interested in smoothing out the injection shut-off between gear than outright power).

An insurer is likely to hike the premium, but is unlikely to demand an engineers report. In my experience of 24 years of modifying and a brief spell in racing a road legal car, the only time I was ever asked for an enineers report was for a big brake conversion.

Remapping your car is liable to make a very noticeable difference, although if you're thinking of other performance mods you'd be best getting them done first and then having the map written to account for these. The additional wear and tear it places on the engine depends mainly on how careful you are warning it up before opening the taps.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Your also recommended to change the clutch or at least check its in good order as there can be alot of wear on it with a remap.

Ive been thinking about buying the hardware to remap cars but have been warned off the map files that come along with them. So not sure what to do.

And Martin I asked if it would be possible to have the remap file on your ecu copied to mine but that wouldnt work due to serial numbers or something.

That would have been a cheap remap considering we have the same spec I thought it would have worked.

·
Registered
28 Posts
clutch is a little more common for failure on diesel cars because of the low down torque that they produce,if its high mileage and never been replaced allways a good idea to have it replaced before a remap.
but this also depends on how the car has been driven throughout its life,if its been looked after its usually ok,if you like to drive your car hard then do be prepared at some point to be replacing the clutch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts