Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been offered a pug 307 2.0 HDI. with a Ecu problem. The fault is the guy who has it went to jump start the car and touched the live jump lead and it touched the side of the ECU and now it would not start. He clams he has sent the ECU away and had it checked and said its U/S i have opened it up and can not see any burn marks but who knows they are the experts

I have Pugeout plannet etc what i was wondering is if i got a replacment ECU with the same numbers this one has

BOSH 0281 011 085
EDC15C2 67
96 576 931 80

would this work or would it be alot of hassle the guy has picked up another ECU from a scrap yard that came out the same year car etc etc but the ECU numbers are different. Would this need programing or can it not be done..

The guy who sold him the replacment ECU that has the wrong number on it told him that the number means sod all and it just means that the car might have a DPF filter or somthing thats the only difference the software on the ECU and he can not see why it would not work as the key infomation and stuff is stored on the BSI.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi
It would not work, you would need matched set ecu,bsi and transponder from key and of the same spec car or New ecu and program to your bsi.

Thanks Vpug

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the ecu that has the wrong number to it. If i was to go to that car and get the BSI from it.. The get the code to program a key would that work..

or does it have to be the correct ECU number and the bsi etc from the car

sorry to be a pain...

D

·
0 Posts
How the heck he manage to touch the positive jump lead off the ecu, its inside a box with a plastic cover on. Porkies I think.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HI there i have seen the car what he did was was put the plus on the battery and other end was rested on the side of somthing... well the ECU has burn marks on the outside of it.. he said he did it with jump leads but who knows..

Sorry to sound really stupid here..

So the ECU, BSI, and Keys

Would the ECU have to match the Car..

Cause the ecu that he has tried to change it with. the car is still in the scrap yard with the BSI and keys still in it he claims..

or would the fact he has put it on the car wipe it or damage it.

cause what i am thinking is if the ECU number does not matter. there is a bsi and keys stilling there which i would prob get for sod all..

and then the car would technialy be working..

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
As long as its the same kind of car , example 2l hdi 307 , and the Engine ECU matches your fuel system , say Siemens, it`ll say that on the ECU , then fire it in , you have 7 days to return it and lose 10% handling fee :thumb:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OMG OMG OMG...

I spoke to our local ECU Techy guy and he said its a peice of p1ss to sort it. get a Ecu from a scrap yard but the numbers must match and bring it down and i will sort it for you..

So i went down the scrapy today and grabbed a Ecu, Gave it to him. and he opened it up and unsoldered somthing from the board and wacked it in the freezer he had there.. said go for a walk for around a hr. I went down mc donnaled and came back he took the ECU out of the freezer, grabbed a hair dryer and just heated it up.. re soldered on the bit he removed. and went back plugged it in.. he said all i had to do was turn the ignition on and leave it on for 20 mins not start the car. and then turn it off and program key to the car and it will run.. and omg it did..

I rang him and asked him..

this is what he said..

He removed a part from the board that makes the ECU remembr the setting that are programmed to it. He said by removing it it makes it forget everythng that it knows.. he said wacking it in the freezer makes it then 100% sure it does forget it all. He said you then but the part back on the board to give it, its memory back and when you plug the ecu back in and leave for 20 mins it gives the car time to transfer all the stuff it needs.
He said i mighht have to log on and download the ecu infomation from the net but in the end i did not have to do that. just programed the key and away it went with no problems at all..

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi

So was it the epprom he removed form the ecu please see pic and could you tell how much did the repair cost ?

Thanks vpug

View attachment 3279
He charge me £20 to do it.

And not sure what he removed he just said the thing that keeps the infomation. so i would of thought a battery but could of been that.. I will ask him tomorrow and see if he would tell me..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts