Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having fault finded the components in the coolant fan circuitry and found them all working or able to work as they should it leaves the wiring to be checked for continuity. Now the ecu has 112 pins and are arranged in 3 blocks, 2 of 32 pins and one of 48 pins. Each block are marked in a alphabetical horizontal sequence and vertical numerical sequence. The wiring diagram shows the wiring going to/from the ecu with a numerical number in the range of 1-112. So is there a tie up between the ecu pin identification method and the circuit diagram method so that I can identify what pin it is on the ecu from the diagrams method i.e say 84 on the diagram, which block and then which alpha/numeric grid position does it equate to?

·
5,891 Posts
The number refers to the cable ID. The number in the box on the schematic is the pin number of connector. The three plugs are colour coded NR=Black GR=Grey etc

This explains in more detail PEUGEOT ALL MODELS WIRING DIAGRAMS - GENERAL

I have just been through that pain sorting daughters coolant sensor

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I found that link and could not understand it at all as to what I was meaning. I will have another read or two of your explanation and see if I can work it out. But how does this relate to the Haynes manual? Were you reading the Peugeot own electric diagrams as I do not have access to them? I found a page under a Bosch ecu search that detailed the PINOUT numbering system that I was after but it was not for the 307 so there is a system in existence but I think they are used in the souping up world rather than normal car ecu's.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have conn checked all the wiring in the radiator area up to the two disconnect plugs for the wires that go back to the fuse boxes and ECM.They are all AOK and the coolant sensor is a new one and the coolant gauge works properly. The fan works off direct feed and the relays work. Now on the circuit diagram for the cooling fan electrics it shows a component called the PRESSOSTAT. Where is it and what does it do? Also in the engine bay where the main fuse box is there is another small box alongside of it right up against the wing. To get at it would mean removing the main fuse box itself. Is that just removing all the plugs into it and lifting it out?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts