Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the ECU operates in a different mode when something is plugged into the OBD2?

I've had an annoying intermittent flat spot around 3-4k revs.

I bought a bluetooth ODB2 reader and whenever it's plugged in the flat spot seems to disappear and I have much better power all through the revs.

Seems a bit strange to me and not sure if it's just coincidence

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
If plugging in a device of any kind into the OBDII port could improve performace I'm pretty sure there would be a rash of these 'miracle tuning boxes' on the market. Either coincidence or some kind of placebo effect you're experiencing.

·
Registered
596 Posts
VERY long shot, can he be suffering from bad ground points, which the OBD2 are helping to mitigate somehow ? Or perhaps, just stabilizing the current?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't think there would be a different running mode.

The problem I've had has been pretty persistent since July last year when I bought the car and when I finally plugged this OBD2 in to get the MAP sensor readings while running it seems to have stopped and been fine now for nearly 2 weeks.
10 minutes before I plugged it in I had serious power loss between 3-4k revs, to the point the car would really hesitate at 3k. Over 4k it really picked up again.

Seems strange, thought like the whole VW thing of the ECU running in a different mode under testing may have been a similar running mode for other cars when the diagnostics were plugged in.

Fingers crossed the car will be fine, don't plan on keeping it too much longer anyway

1 - 5 of 5 Posts