Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the AAput on a computer and told me three faults were there 1 & 4 misfireing and fault in ecu unit any answers

cheers

·
Registered
862 Posts
david741 said:
the AAput on a computer and told me three faults were there 1 & 4 misfireing and fault in ecu unit any answers

cheers
Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

Were the AA not more specific with describing the faults?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
misfire

AA put there computer on to car and said 3 faults 1 & 2 misfireing and fault in ecu have tryed new harness to injectors but same not the coil either peugeot say very unlikely ecu can only get 1.5 volts at injectors so i am stumped all help welcomed thank you

david741

·
Registered
256 Posts
Might sound dumb but my old car used to misfire, so I tried a petrol cleanser additive to improve the build up and replaced the ignition coils and spark plugs the problem vanished, and the computer said it was somthing else...

·
Registered
862 Posts
david741 said:
AA put there computer on to car and said 3 faults 1 & 2 misfireing and fault in ecu have tryed new harness to injectors but same not the coil either peugeot say very unlikely ecu can only get 1.5 volts at injectors so i am stumped all help welcomed thank you

david741

The misfire could be down to a failing map sensor or the coil pack would be worth checking these out.Also if the ecu has a fault it could be affecting the engine management leading it to misfire. Maybe it would be worth going to peugeot or an independant (preffered) and have a diagnostic done.

There was a recall for -May 2004: Potential problems with the throttle body
did your car have this done?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ecu&missfire

thanks to all that wrote
now i am being told i need the transponder code put back in do i need a dealer to do this thank again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts