Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.Very new to this forum but I a have a problem with wifes 307 which is abroad.ECU got fried and I got one from Autotek which I send over.After fiddling with the ECU for a day or 2 the mechanic(At a dealership) send me the following email..."The ECU supplied was already matched to another vehicle so it is no longer possible to change its status.It is not new so basically we need a new ECU."

Do i necessarily need a new ECU? The one supplied was the right model from a 307 the same year.Hope somebody can help.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The ECU forms part of the security system, and stores a code that matches the key.
You need both from a scrap vehicle to make the system work.

The other way is to buy an "open" ECU from a company thay reworks them. This will have the security feature dissabled - so will work on anything.

I'm afraid you will have to buy one of these - and send it, but ask the company if they will take yours in part-exchange. You may only be out of pocket £50 or so - plus postage.

This one on Ebay at the moment - £180 -
http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Citroen-Peug...CU-1AP-81_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ380097783449

Note the word "OPEN" in the description. - Have a chat with the company supplying it first to make sure it's suitable.

Mine fried it's ECU when the coilpack failed, This should be replaced as well - or you'll fry another!.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts