Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all im aware the ecu needs to be changed with the bsi and the lockset

my question is. if i get the exact same ecu with the same numbers can i just change the ecu only? theres a few on ebay that match exactly

i only ask as i have accidentely wiped the data off mine trying a remap

the guy reckons he can save it but i want a back up plan with as less fuss as possible

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it failed when writing so it erased all the data on the ecu

the car wont start and planet doesnt really do anything once into it

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
you cant change just the ecu unless you mess with the immobiliser in some way it can be done but if you have messed up a remap then I doubt you will manage to recode the immobiliser successfully.

Its not something I would mess with :)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the place that sent me the file has asked me to take the ecu up there to be recovered

i have the ecu out but wanted to see if a same code one would work as a quick fix

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just to let you know the firm had my ecu they couldnt bring it back to life,

on finding out. they didnt actually use my original read as it was corrupt so they used one of there data base which matched my ecu codes

tbh the guy was pretty aggressive on the phone when i called foul play into it

anyway the ecu can be sent to holland for £150 to get recovered or buy a new set of ecu lock barrel and keys?

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
with the injector codes will it show them up on planet to write down saves any hassle

i will be replacing the ecu and bsi so possible recoding needed

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
when i connect the car afterwards will it show the new bsi vin number or still my original. im pretty sure i can get the old one for keys anyway

sorry for all the questions

·
Registered
241 Posts
If you need help on this I should be able to help you out. I can program your old immobiliser on to the new ECU using BDM, or just repair your old ECU using a good flash file. It's not recommended to program this ECU through the diagnostics port as if it does go wrong you don't have a back up.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi HDI

Sorry to drag you into this, after a couple of glasses of wine and looking at this I know you are the man with HDI's and would have an answer.

Thanks vpug :thumb:

If you need help on this I should be able to help you out. I can program your old immobiliser on to the new ECU using BDM, or just repair your old ECU using a good flash file. It's not recommended to program this ECU through the diagnostics port as if it does go wrong you don't have a back up.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
unfortunately apparentely it couldnt be fixed by bdm. the place where i sent it to want to send it to holland

i have ordered a new ecu bsi and keys so wont have any issues there

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
can anyone advise on the injector codes?

do i need to change the fuse box by the ecu. most places on the internet dont mention this. i have one coming but rather not change it as its added work

so i change ecu. bsi in glovebox and swap transponder chip to my key

anything else?

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
just to let you all know. the ecu was at the mappers for a week.

after a few heated discussions, i got a phone call out of the blue.

he has managed to fix my ecu

unfortunately i have already sourced a new ecu bsi and key. luckilly the place are willing to have them back minus 10%

nice to have my car back running again :D

S

·
0 Posts
So the next question is.... are you going to chance mapping it again? :eek:

Or did they fix it with a better map?

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i dont really know to be honest.

he contacted the makers of the tool he uses who helped him out apparentely

im getting it remapped at the weekend. whats the worse that can happen he will have to recover it again lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts