Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm just woundering I need to change the Ecu on my peugeot 307 2.0l petrol
Isit a straight swap do I have to change key ect
Any help would be great

·
5,812 Posts
If the unit is faulty often less stress and often cheaper to send unit to BBA-Remanufacturing or ECU Testing for repair

·
Registered
38 Posts
Check with someone near you who does ECU remapping, they may be able to transfer the map from your ECU to another ECU from a breakers.
An ECU remapper near me says he can do it, as I am having problems which may be ECU related so was asking him about using a pre used ECU.
He said get an ECU the same model and he can load the map from mine no problem, so I intend to get it done soon as I can locate one from a breakers.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Check with someone near you who does ECU remapping, they may be able to transfer the map from your ECU to another ECU from a breakers.
An ECU remapper near me says he can do it, as I am having problems which may be ECU related so was asking him about using a pre used ECU.
He said get an ECU the same model and he can load the map from mine no problem, so I intend to get it done soon as I can locate one from a breakers.
And he reckons it`ll still be matched or you can code it to the BSI ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Betty. He said he can transfer all the settings from my ECU to the replacement from another car as long as the ECU is same model.
Was Ryan from Auto Tune in Ballymena I was speaking to.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Never heard it done before and to be honest if it was I think I might off , but I'd like to know the outcome of that one ,
Just be prepared to not have your car for a few days if it doesn't work , keep us informed though it sounds good .lol

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not the person I was speaking to but Found this on E Bay under ECU search. Maybe ECUs can be reprogramed.

WELCOME TO ECU-EXPRESS ONLINE ECU STORE
Need an ECU ?? - You need ECU-EXPRESS
FREE CODE SWAP / RECODING EXPLAINED -
In today's modern cars post 1992 onwards, immobilisers are fitted into most ECU's to prevent theft, i.e. the chip inside your key allows your vehicle to start. Swapping a faulty ecu, even with the same part number will not start the car since the stored immobiliser information will differ. The way around this is to send us the faulty ecu to copy free of charge OR if you have access to main dealer lever programming you will most likely not require our service in which case we can just send ours out as it is ( most likely in a coded state ).
What it will not cure is an immobiliser fault on your car. If you do have an immobiliser fault on your car an unlock ( immo bypass ) may be possible , please enquire if this what you require, an unlock is also free of charge if it is possible.
Ecu-Express is the UK's #1 independant ECU supplier, when you buy an ECU from ourselves we do so much more too......
* Free help and advice
* Unbeatable Prices
* All the free technical advice you'll ever need
We can also boast the UK's finest vehicle ECU technican's to hand.
DID YOU KNOW ?? WE CAN ALSO SUPPLY OUR ECU'S REMAPPED

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Help

Never heard it done before and to be honest if it was I think I might off , but I'd like to know the outcome of that one ,
Just be prepared to not have your car for a few days if it doesn't work , keep us informed though it sounds good .lol

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
I've managed to find a breaker with a ecu bsi an key but they said the chip is missing.?? Really confused is this no good to me. As its the only 2.0l petrol one I have found breaking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts