Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just need some experienced advice. I still need a ecu kit for the nfu engine, I've potentially got one but the guy needs to confirm part numbers otherwise they won't work, these numbers from my 56 reg 1.4 8v.
I'm fitting a nfu engine, swapping on the ecu and bsi to go with it.

What is crucial to match up in regards to part numbers? Maybe been bit ignorant on it but thought as long as the bsi and ecu are matched, from the right engine its OK.
I have diagbox, so not sure if that would allow me to overcome any problems that could turn up.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
NOTHING is crucial to match as you are fitting a whole ecu set so your never going to match the numbers anyway !

I put a 406 coupe V6 engine in a partner and used the 406 BSI and ecu the car does not care what its fitted to as long as it all comes from the same car

You need the BSI ECU and KEY you also need to understand that the mileage will change as the dash AND the BSI store the miles and both will overwrite to whatever is the highest reading.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NOTHING is crucial to match as you are fitting a whole ecu set so your never going to match the numbers anyway !

I put a 406 coupe V6 engine in a partner and used the 406 BSI and ecu the car does not care what its fitted to as long as it all comes from the same car

You need the BSI ECU and KEY you also need to understand that the mileage will change as the dash AND the BSI store the miles and both will overwrite to whatever is the highest reading.
Great, thank you. I'll get hold of the breakers tomorrow, but threw me in doubt. I was close to hanging up earlier trying to tell him it didn't matter about the old electrics. Mileage, I don't know how dvla are with it, no idea on it being lower or higher yet.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Need bit help again. First breaker refused to send me the parts, apparently because it won't match, they said I'd have faults etc, for all I know it was a hdi ecu they matched. But they have now doubled the price, may be right part, but no idea it'll be worth it now.

Another has managed to break the parts upon removal.

I have a citreon c4 kit I took out ages ago, correct engine I do hope use this, but just need to know what is the loom that trails to the engine fuse box and has one connector to the engine ecu?
Just wondering if it has a correct name?

I assume this is the loom that eventually leads to the bsi. If I could find the same set of wiring I might have some luck

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
If you have a BSI key AND ecu from the same car roughly the correct age then it will fit and work but it needs the same type of key head as the ECU etc were altered around 2006 in most peugeots when the flip keys came along

It can be altered in planet if configuration is different but it must be correct engine ecu type IE for the correct engine you are using.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got correct kit, unfortunately it's just one connector to the ecu will physically not fit.
Looked at a 1.6 ecu and either way it'd need changing on the car.
Currently have a 48 pin harness (not every connector is used though), but the 1.6 ecu uses a optimised sized 32 plug.

If I can get this sorted I'll be able to get the engine running.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts