Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
New to Peugeot so not sure what's causing my problem. Van running perfect with no issues until today when it decided not to start...not even turning over and i'm getting economy mode active on display with a flashing battery type indication on the dash.
Battery voltage is fine and was working ok earlier today. a bit confused over this and looking for any help out there.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Economy mode is a symptom NOT a cause

Have you fixed your key ?

If answer is no check fuse 8 in underbonnet fusebox assuming by not turning over you actually mean not turning over !

If thats ok check the earth on gearbox

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
reliable 406
Thanks for reply. Did nothing with keys. By not turning over I mean no engine cranking at all when I go to start. Ill check the fuse and also going to check spare key.
As a thought do you think a disconnect of the battery might help?
cheers
mac

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
If its not cranking at all its not the key people have different meanings for not turning over so had to check what you meant.

I would not disconnect the battery yet without looking at the 3 minute rule and doing a beep test if the fuse is not the issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for delay getting back to you. Established its not the key as the car does beep when door opened with key in the ignition. Can you describe where fuse 8 is... Ive read the 3 minute rule and if the fuse is ok should i go ahead with the battery disconnect?.
Many thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi
Located the fuse for starter motor and sure enough it’s blown. The fuse looks slightly corroded on the legs. Hopefully that’s the cause and nothing more serious...will post result of changing fuse.
Many thanks for help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts