Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just working on my car with it all open for about an hour. I go to start the car and it's not firing up (In economy mode) im guessing my battery is really low. Also my key batteries dont work on either key. I dont have access to a car battery charger. Is there a way i can get the car out of economy mode just to get it started? Thank you

·
Registered
14,288 Posts
Its in economy mode BECAUSE its not starting !

Economy mode does not EVER stop starting.

Use jump leads from another car to boost battery back up put them on run booster car for 5 mins BEFORE trying to start as its easy to loose key codes on these.

Do not remove battery leads.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ive triggered economy times several times before when I’ve had the car unlocked for periods of time and it starts every time fine?
I thought ‘economy mode’ was designed to protect the battery from draining too much preventing the car from starting?

Was just working on my car with it all open for about an hour. I go to start the car and it's not firing up (In economy mode) im guessing my battery is really low. Also my key batteries dont work on either key. I dont have access to a car battery charger. Is there a way i can get the car out of economy mode just to get it started? Thank you

·
Registered
441 Posts
I thought ‘economy mode’ was designed to protect the battery from draining too much preventing the car from starting?
AFAIK: it tries, by turning off some circuits. But if there's a drain on a circuit that does not gets turned off, the battery will still eventually drain below what's needed for the car to start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts