Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all....307sw 1.9 diesel 2003...havin problem with car this mornin...last night...i put all my back seats back into car after takin out to remove rubbish...anyway..it was nighttime and i was in and out of car a few times..lights on and out..economy mode on..never thought more about it as i know this happens to save battery...tried startin this morning...was still in economy mode...turned key a few times and car started...anyway tried to use car again later on in day..same thing came up economy mode..and couldnt even get it to start..even to the point where i was drainin battery...is this normal..for it to not let you start the car...i do short journeys all the time..so i putting it down to the battery being really low..??

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
well personnaly i'd say the eco mode is there to protect the battery and the ecu, so it would make sense for it say no to engine starting if the battery is down - so that the ecu is saved...if that makes sense...

dunno if this is true but driving 3 miles regens your battery the power used to start the car, but tbh i never do less than that - i just walk if that is the case.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
am going to try jump starting with one of those jumpstarter things from halfords to see if it will get me going..may rule out the battery..what about starter motor..doesnt it just click if thats not workin...only other thing it may be is the key...which i took the insides out...and replaced in another key...but thats has been working..only thing was putting seats back last night..

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Fallenhero said:
am going to try jump starting with one of those jumpstarter things from halfords to see if it will get me going..may rule out the battery..what about starter motor..doesnt it just click if thats not workin...only other thing it may be is the key...which i took the insides out...and replaced in another key...but thats has been working..only thing was putting seats back last night..
If you can bump start it that would be safer , you`re not meant to jump a 307,

starter motor will do nothing if its that , try rocking car back and forth in first in case starter is just sticking,

did you move small black chip as well as board when you moved insides of fob

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With the key i moved both and workin up to last night....so no good using one of those jump starter things for the battery..i thought it be okay just to get me going..is there a warning light on dash if wrong key is inserter..ect

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Fallenhero said:
With the key i moved both and workin up to last night....so no good using one of those jump starter things for the battery..i thought it be okay just to get me going..is there a warning light on dash if wrong key is inserter..ect
No afraid not , car just won`t start with bump or jump.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
i can see me takin battery out to charge...and wasted money for jump start thing...when i say jump starter i dont mean the ones that uses cables to another car....i mean a power pack thing

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have a meter....can you tell me how to use it...to tell its fucked..??? wont it just show a low charge ...bear with me i not mech minded

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Right takin the battery out and is charging...on inspecting of my new key to rule out things.the transponder had fell from where it was in key to the bottom...i hoping now that the fault lies with the facts the tranponder was to far from key for car to see it...hope the thing not blowed if it been on the battery in the fob...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Battery seems okay...ended up bump startin it to get it going...just hear a click...so i thinkin its the starter motor...how easy are these to change..

G

·
Does your dash die off completely when you try and start?

And on what basis are you figuring the existing battery is ok? All indicators said my old battery was charging but it never did!! i'd try a spare one first off to rule this out :thumb:

I've witnessed sudden battery death twice on this car so far, would have only been the once but i cheaped out and got a 2nd hand battery the first time!!

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11493

1 - 17 of 17 Posts