Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 307 is stuck in economy mode. Central locking does not work. Turn key once interior lights come on nothing else. Turn second time and refuses to start with a slight ticking sound. Tried jump leads on the battery but nothing. Not sure what else to do.

Any help will be much appreciated, thanks.

·
2,255 Posts
I would say your battery is flat....change the battery for a known fully charged one ....ignore economy mode until that has been done...

ps follow the battery disconnect procedure

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to mention battery has been changed with a fully charged battery, still in the same situation.

·
Registered
19 Posts
what year is your 307? i know i was advised not to jump start mine for fear of blowing either the bsi or ecu. Was the problem happening before u did the jump start?

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Its only stuck in economy mode BECAUSE its not starting once starting economy mode will simply disappear :)

Do the key test does it beep ?

check the earth wire on engine

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Check you have a good ground connection between battery->body->motor.

Use a jumper cable set from battery [-] to engine and body [connect both +/- clamps on one side of the jumper cable set to [-] battery terminal , then connect the other side clamps, one to a suitable body ground point and the other to a suitable engine ground point], and see if the starter now swings. If it does, you need to remove/clean ALL ground cable connections and check cables for breakages/corrosion at terminal ends.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts