Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

A couple of months ago I started getting the economy mode activated every morning when I first got into the car. Eventally I bit the bullet and bought a new battery.

All was well for a while but now I get the same message even after a 45min drive followed by a short stop!

I read 13.5v when the car is running which quickly drops to 11.8v at rest.

Is this due to a dodgey battery (it was dirt cheap!) or is it a symptom of something else? I can't see any electrical drains.

Cheers all.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Hi all.

A couple of months ago I started getting the economy mode activated every morning when I first got into the car. Eventally I bit the bullet and bought a new battery.

All was well for a while but now I get the same message even after a 45min drive followed by a short stop!

I read 13.5v when the car is running which quickly drops to 11.8v at rest.

Is this due to a dodgey battery (it was dirt cheap!) or is it a symptom of something else? I can't see any electrical drains.

Cheers all.
13.5 is a tad on the low side but 11.8 would say a knackered battery, i would fit a new battery and have alternator tested as a duff battery can damage the alternator

·
5,067 Posts
Its the battery,407xjr's Did this for about a year until he changed the battery

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quick update - they changed the batery free of charge and so far so good! The battery was changed yesterday evening, I cycled into work and back today and this evening no economy mode!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A quick update:-

For a while all was good and then the "economy mode" was on again whenever I left the car for more than a few hours. No problem I thought - I'll jst ignore it and hopefully it will sort itself ot.

This weekend I had to do a 200m round trip with a trailer and have now noticed that the economy mode is not on! I am now completely confuded???

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
My guess is your 200 mile trip has fully charged your battery and you normally do short stop start runs where you take out more than you put back so eventually your battery gets too low.

It can take 20 mins of running to replace what you used to start the car !

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A possibility - but I would have thought the 20 m each way trip (50/50 mix of urban/A roads) would have been sufficient. I'll keep an eye on it over the next week or so :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts