Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,after a little help if possible ,too cut a very long story short I attempted to change my timing belt after a bit of messing around I eventually got it all back together but it will now not start , I have been advised that it needs the pug Planet software to rematch the key with the car ,as it turns but wont fire ,is there anybody in the northwest/ runcorn area who can help either free or as cheap as possible, many thanks ed

Ps if you check out my photographic location of flywheel locking hole you can get the full story,thanks

307cc ,2.0 ltr petrol 2005 :thumb:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi storeman ,I dont wanna put you out ,how much will you charge if you pm me I can give you the details ,thanks ed

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi storeman just replied,still a bit rusty on the forum,let me know if you received my info ,and if all ok ,thanks ed

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi storeman, I have been told on my previous thread that I need a four digit code , for the key,unfortunately I do not have this ,as it did not come with the stuff I got with the car,will that make a difference.

Thanks
Ed

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does it say on MFD that "theft system blah blah blah..." or no message at all? Eco mode is usually a battery issue, try getting some charge in it, then crank it over again.

·
Registered
364 Posts
The problem with this car is it is not recognising its keys, eco mode is purely a battery saving function of the BSI and will clear if the engine can be started. It does not affect whether the vehicle can be started or not.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
If the BSI has lost the chip ID then not having the code will prevent reprogramming the keys. If there is no chiming when opening the door with the key in the ignition then it is a pretty safe bet that the keys need programming.

A diagnostic would be able to confirm the status of the key immobiliser chip. Could shed some light on any other gremlins that may be hiding away.

I'm still ok to call round later if you still want me to.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi storeman , before calling round I would like to try and get the four digit code from pegeout so can you leave it until I have the code, I doubt it will be today . But I think its best for me to get them first, I can try and get the codes and arrange from there if possible ,

Many thanks Ed

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi storeman ,change of plan ,please call around ,I think it is best to see what I'm up against on the diagnostics first ,even if I cant program the key today ,please give me a time when you can ,

Thanks ed

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Solved.

This was a bit of a cow though. Connected PP2000 and no errors showing. Checked the parameters and it was showing the ECU was unlocked and the key was recognised.

Decided it must be the timing so we pinned the flywheel then turned the cams to lock them in place. refitted the belt and tensioned it. After removing the locking pins we tried to turn the engine by hand. It turned maybe a quarter of a turn then locked up solid.

Next thought was maybe we hadn't got the pin in the actual timing hole in the flywheel so turned the crankshaft slowly and the locking pin slid into the flywheel in a different position. Locked the cams and tensioned the belt but this time the engine was locked solid straight away.

Removed the belt and freed up the cams and then turned the engine until the locking pin slid home again. The position was exactly the same as the first time but locked the two camshafts put the belt back on, the engine turned by hand several complete rotations so we chanced trying to start. turned the key and it fired up straight away.

There is still an issue with a sticking butterfly valve but that's another story.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
HI storeman ,I cannot thank you enough for the time and effort you put in today, trually an amazing guy , I thought I would never get it started again ,but you are a real trooper , I was well ready to give up after the first couple of hours,yet you knew it wasn't going to beat you,

You are fantastic and your advice was second to none.

Again Thank you so much for today, the little pug lives on !!!!

Next job throttle body ,,cant wait lol

O and as my Windows and locks now work correctly , it no longer has to wear the car cover of shame :)

Thanks Ed

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi storeman

Just a quick update on the error on the butterfly valve , I took the throttle body off this evening and it was caked in sticky oily film , I stripped it down and took out the magnet around the actuator ( was easier than what I thought as its only held in with the magnetic force) , I then cleaned the butterfly valve with wd40 and also sprayed the spring all the way around, I used isopropanol to remove the oily film ,like I said it was properly covered from the underneath and then sprayed the hinges from the inside of the valve with wd again left it for 20 mins cleaned off the excess and cleaned all the holes with cotton buds wire ( coated with rubber) normal 3 core stripped to 1 core.. and then re assembled to the car and started it ,,,,omg it runs like a dream and the water that was coming from the exhaust has instantly stopped, the exhaust is as clean as a whistle ,no popping no steam ,I am ecstatic I can now continue on with the pulleys without thinking the head had gone, still got the engine light and anti pollution warning ,hopefully it may reset itself now it seems to be running as it should ,couldn't have found this fault without your help and if you are up for it in the near future some time,need to get the cash for the pulley kit and aux kit first!!!!,can I book you with help on the pulleys again, at your convenience obviously.:):):):)

Thanks ed

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Sounds like your on a roll now. Glad that the throttle body is ok now as they are pretty expensive even used. I'm happy to call round and help as long as the boss hasn't volunteered me for something else :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Storeman , will let you know when i get the bits and we can arrange from thier!!.:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts