Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,the car is a 307cc 2.0 ltr petrol ,05 plate have just done the timing belt and pulleys but on trying to restart I get the eco mode active on the center display and the car turns over but its like Thier is no spark, I have charged the battery but still no joy ,does any body know what fuse controls the fuel system or the immobilliser.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi ,the car is a 307cc 2.0 ltr petrol ,05 plate have just done the timing belt and pulleys but on trying to restart I get the eco mode active on the center display and the car turns over but its like Thier is no spark, I have charged the battery but still no joy ,does any body know what fuse controls the fuel system or the immobilliser.

Thanks
I did the timing belt yesterday and i left the ignition on while doing a scan of the ecu, when i was going to close the window i saw it said eco mode in the display i disconected the negative pole on the battery for a few seconds and it was gone.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Eco mode only comes on when the battery has been used for a certain amount of time without the engine running. This in your case is trying to start the engine without success. Once the engine runs, ECO mode will go away.

Because the timing belt has just been done, I'd be suspecting a sensor hasn't been plugged in (I forgot to reconnect my crank sensor when I did mine) and I would be double checking the timing is spot on by pinning everything again. Unless you were very careless with the wiring and the battery still connected there really should be no reason for a fuse to have blown.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, thanks for the reply , I tried disconnecting the earth but all I succeeded in doing was messing up my Windows now everytime I try to reset the locking my Windows go down by another cm ,so not a clue what to do next ,as they will not work in active mode,also when I done the belt I did not disconnect any sensors and have lined the timing up ,triple checked it, the only things I undone where the cam covers and belt, and tensioner pulley is there something you think I may have done wrong tensioning ,would that stop it starting do you think?

Thanks

Ed

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Usually if it worked, a job was done then it doesn't work it can be safe to say that something to do with the job that was done is stopping it working.

Double check everything that you did including the timing. You may have disturbed a sensor wiring or accidentally pulled apart a wiring connector without realising it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Storeman, I was thinking that myself ,I guess I'm gonna have to strip it all down again and take a look as I have checked all the wiring the fuses and have even put the new battery out of my other car on and still nothing,petrol is getting through as you can smell it when pressing the accelerator pedal when turning the engine and hear the pump ,is there only one locking hole in the flywheel I'm thinking I may be 180 degrees out as i had to set it manually after my flywheel lock popped out and threw everything out,like you say though its gotta be something to do with my set up,

Thanks ed

·
Registered
4 Posts

Thanks
Hi...How did you get on .As i am having the same problem

Cheers

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi daven, its running again, it turned out I had the cam and exhaust pulleys set incorrectly,is your locking up when trying to turn by hand or is it just not sparking,are you getting any noise telling you the key is in nd the door is open ?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First of all I messed up my timing I then put the exhaust cam to 12 o'clock and the other to 9 o'clock with the bottom pulley lined up in the locking hole,this didn't work either for me ,my car still would not start ,it would just turn,,I asked for help on here and storeman came out and we spent a good few hours lining the locking holes in the top two cams and crank ,but it was wierd because the first few times we tried it the engine still locked up ,after the fourth or fifth attempt ( tensioner loose belt off re_ align) we finally got it and it started straight away _ after we turned the engine by hand first obviously,we ran diagnostics on it and the key was recognised with the ecu ,so I was lucky in that respect as if you have lost your key communication with the ecu ,ie have you disconnected your battery for a length of time this may have happened ,also did you Mark and count the teeth from the old belt to the new,as I didn't so in the first place I probably had a pulley a tooth or two out hence the locking of the engine,its a pain in the A but just be patient take the belt off align the locking holes two top pulleys and fly wheel locking pin,try the flywheel locking pin in both holes if you have lost where you are upto,I marked the crank pulley to start off with and that helped as that was the position I needed in the end

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And just to add and be clear PP2000 was run on the car first ,so this may have helped get the car out of eco mode, it was also run after we got it started,

·
Registered
364 Posts

Cheers
Hi, there are so many different faults that can cause this you would probably be best starting a new thread outlining what you have already tried and we may be able to help. If it is an electrical problem apart from battery and earths which will always be the first suggestion it will probably need a diagnostic.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep I agree ,I have told you what I have done but people would have already viewed my thread so may not think they need to answer yours ,because it shows as mine and has been answered,although I hope ive helped:)

Cheers ed

For more info on mine view my thread photographic location of flywheel locking hole, hope that helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Cheers
Thanks ..

I have not got a clue where to start..I t has come off eco mode recently for about 10mins and the electrics were all back to front..but still could not get to start.. Now back in eco mode..the only beep i get is passenger side door opened while putting the sidelight on.it turns no probs but just not firing also cant lock doors with key fob apart from drivers door lock etc. etc. and red flash rapidly on centre lock button..it feels as though the immobilizer is active and will not switch off.any checks that i should do first?

any help would be gratful..

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Thanks ..

I have not got a clue where to start..I t has come off eco mode recently for about 10mins and the electrics were all back to front..but still could not get to start.. Now back in eco mode..the only beep i get is passenger side door opened while putting the sidelight on.it turns no probs but just not firing also cant lock doors with key fob apart from drivers door lock etc. etc. and red flash rapidly on centre lock button..it feels as though the immobilizer is active and will not switch off.any checks that i should do first?

any help would be gratful..
You really need to start a new thread were replies will be specifically for your problem. Many people may not look at this thread anymore as the original issue has been resolved. The problem in this thread was because the timing had been disturbed so unless you have had your timing belt off the problem will be totally different.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts