Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Partner combi - 1.4 petrol 2002 - 61000 miles on clock

It's eating tyres at a ridiculous rate! car had done 17000 miles when i got it and was fitted with four brand new tyres for me tio drive it away so in 44000 miles its gone through 3 full sets if you include the set it came on and i'm about to have the fourth set put on! Not sure how many miles a tyre should be good for but this seems exsessive to me!
I've had the 4 wheel alignment done and this doesnt seem to have made any difference to how long the tyres last. I dont use the cheapest tyres (or the most expensive) but i run it on van tyres cos although it is used as a car i was advised that i should continue running it on van tyres as it came from manufacturer on van tyres :)confused: ??????? :confused: )

Anyone shed any light on what the problem may be? Or is this a common thing? At £250+ for a new set i cant keep running like this!

·
Registered
914 Posts
tamwill said:
Partner combi - 1.4 petrol 2002 - 61000 miles on clock

It's eating tyres at a ridiculous rate! car had done 17000 miles when i got it and was fitted with four brand new tyres for me tio drive it away so in 44000 miles its gone through 3 full sets if you include the set it came on and i'm about to have the fourth set put on! Not sure how many miles a tyre should be good for but this seems exsessive to me!
I've had the 4 wheel alignment done and this doesnt seem to have made any difference to how long the tyres last. I dont use the cheapest tyres (or the most expensive) but i run it on van tyres cos although it is used as a car i was advised that i should continue running it on van tyres as it came from manufacturer on van tyres :)confused: ??????? :confused: )

Anyone shed any light on what the problem may be? Or is this a common thing? At £250+ for a new set i cant keep running like this!
its not common, tyre wear is due to following:

• Tyre pressure not adequate
  • Suspension needing replaced
  • Suspension parts faulty (drop links etc)
  • Tracking out (a four wheel tracking is required)
  • Wishbone bushes faulty etc
when was the car last MOT'd, perhaps an inspection would help..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scotcruz said:
its not common, tyre wear is due to following:

• Tyre pressure not adequate
  • Suspension needing replaced
  • Suspension parts faulty (drop links etc)
  • Tracking out (a four wheel tracking is required)
  • Wishbone bushes faulty etc
when was the car last MOT'd, perhaps an inspection would help..
Thanks for your reply. From your suggestions as to what the problem may be i get the sinking feeling that the bank balance is about to take a big hit!! :eek:

Last MOT Feb 2010 and passed without needing anything. Had tracking done (4 wheel alignment) when had last set of tyres - aprox 4-5 months ago. I drive like an old dear and avoid potholes so i wouldnt imagine i could have knocked it out badly enough to cause so much wear in that length of time.....

A friend mentioned that track rod ends, bottom arms or ball joints could cause this problem if they are worn/damaged??

What kind of inspection should i be asking for at the garage?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just realised i never posted the findings of the garage inspection....

Drop link arms were totally naffed! Got them replaced and is fine now

:thumb: :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts