Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing the 308GT 180 diesel is to come with the Aisin EAT8 speed, I assume the 2018 model 3008 will also.
Has anyone heard anything?.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm glad I bought the 6 speed it works just fine.
I had a RR evoque 9 speed auto and it was forever hunting and changing gears and could never decide what gear for setting off.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
That has been my experience on autos with to many gears too they dont know what gear to use at least with a 4 speed auto it will hold a gear for a wider rev range which is desirable when towing rather than up and down the box constantly like some modern ones.

More is not ALWAYS better.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm glad I bought the 6 speed it works just fine.
I had a RR evoque 9 speed auto and it was forever hunting and changing gears and could never decide what gear for setting off.
That has been my experience on autos with to many gears too they dont know what gear to use at least with a 4 speed auto it will hold a gear for a wider rev range which is desirable when towing rather than up and down the box constantly like some modern ones.

More is not ALWAYS better.
:thumb:
Exactly what I've been thinking, hunting is extremely irritating to me......GM has 10 FHS!
Unfortunately the general public will fall for the 'more is better' BS I suspect.......I'm more in the 'LESS is more' camp so I might have to hurry and ignore the resale aspect.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I wonder if the 8 speed is to allow the petrol to have a better cruise performance and to support a different range for a plugin electric version? Diesel could do with an extra gear for european cruising at 130kmh (~80mph).

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder if the 8 speed is to allow the petrol to have a better cruise performance and to support a different range for a plugin electric version? Diesel could do with an extra gear for european cruising at 130kmh (~80mph).
110kph is our limit so an 8 speed would be a waist of time and money.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
250 Euros more than the EAT 6, and higher emissions too. I thought an 8 speed gearbox was supposed to improve economy and lower emissions. No economy figures quoted, so maybe that's down on the EAT 6, and they didn't want to admit it. The 6 speed is an excellent gearbox, tested and proven. Can the same be said for the 8 speed box?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts