Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I want to change the oil at my EAT6. I went to the servicebox, typed my VIN, and the only thing written regarding oil is JWS 3324 specification.

I asked the dealer for the price, and I was shocked, they told me 130€ for 2 liters.

I went to the other local auto-part stores, and told them about JWS 3324, and the price was what I was expected, about 12-14€ per liter.

But huge price difference got me wondering. Is the JWS 3324 specification the only thing I should look for?

I planned to buy Total Fluidmatic MV LV, which meets JWS 3324 specification, but is that the oil which I can use for this gearbox?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yes . That's the correct oil specs for Aisin am6 and you can use it . Authorized dealer need to profit so better bring your own oil.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply. So this spec is the only important thing, nothing else?

I didn't plan to change the oil at the dealer anyway. I plan to change 2 times per 3 liter according to official procedure. I purchased documentation on service box and downloaded PDF according to my VIN for this gearbox. It is so simple anyone can do it, even I could If I had the means to lift the car straight up.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, could it be bad mixing different brands? I can't know what's inside now.

·
Registered
192 Posts
There is an older Aisin spec number but they are all the same. Any oil that meets the spec will do. Mixing is ok and expected .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts