Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I've scoured the internet and I'm not having much luck, hopefully someone will be kind enough to provide me a answer.

I'm a bit of a newbie to car electrics but I'm wiring a Dash Cam into a 207 (UK 57 Plate). I'm looking for earth points near the fuse box, behind the glove box. I should point out that the car has a black box in it, above the fuse box, so if there's one there I can't see / get to it.

Thanks for any help someone can give. I'll look on the internet again tomorrow and if I find a response somewhere else I'll post it up.

Jonnn

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Any part of the car body can be used and an earth but I'm sure if you post the last 8 numbers of your vin someone can post images for you

·
Registered
8 Posts
If u wanna do it of a proper earth then run cable in to battery area next to fuse box there is a easy earth to get to

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello, thanks for replying.

The last eight digits of the VIN are:
3404-6867
If anyone could provide a diagram that would be great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
earthing point

I would not advise running an earth wire to the battery.Getting cables through the bulkhead is very difficult and you could end up damaging something.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for everyone's help.
After spending a couple of hours upside down in the passenger seat, I think I found a solution....

Behind the glove box there are a couple of places where a cable can be earthed. You can drop wires down, through the bottom of the fuse box, and connect to them quiet easily. The carpet covering holds the cables up and out of the way of the foot well , so it works quiet well.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone who replied.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Earthing points found

"Behind the glove box there are a couple of places where a cable can be earthed. You can drop wires down, through the bottom of the fuse box, and connect to them quiet easily. The carpet covering holds the cables up and out of the way of the foot well , so it works quiet well. "

I have put a dash cam into my car and hardwired it in. One of the wires went into the fuse box, on a fuse carrier, the other wire had to go to an earth point on the car. I dropped the wire out of the back / underside of the glove box.

Then I pulled off the trim that covers the bonnet release catch. In doing so, I pulled up the end of the door sill plastic trim also.

Once I had removed the trim surrounding the bonnet release catch, then I pulled up the carpet next to it, only a little bit. I also had to move / push out of the way the thick foam padding underneath it. From there, I could see a bolt acting as an earthing point, which could be used for the wire.

By carefully putting the wire, thick foam, carpet and trims back into place, you cannot tell that a wire is under them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for everyone's help.
After spending a couple of hours upside down in the passenger seat, I think I found a solution....

Behind the glove box there are a couple of places where a cable can be earthed. You can drop wires down, through the bottom of the fuse box, and connect to them quiet easily. The carpet covering holds the cables up and out of the way of the foot well , so it works quiet well.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone who replied.

Hi could you please tell me which side of the fuse is positive top or bottom. Thank you :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I want to tap a fuse and need to know which side of the fuse is 12v so I can connect it correctly. I don't have a multimeter.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I want to tap a fuse and need to know which side of the fuse is 12v so I can connect it correctly. I don't have a multimeter.
Get a multimeter or you will definitely burn something very quickly! What are you trying to connect to the fuses?
12V will be on both sides, just on one side it will be unprotected and on the other side fused ;). You can figure it out by pulling the fuse and using a multimeter. This thread was about earthing aka the negative pole, not positive!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts