Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is a 2008 207 VTI. Issues are temp gauge going straight to max, STOP ENGINE TEMP TOO HIGH message and air con not working. Seems to be power to air con clutch and continuity at the coil but its not engaging whatsoever.

Codes

P0597 & P0598 both thermostat
P0119 Coolant sensor

Tried

New coolant sensor
air con pressure switch
purge and regas

etc. etc.

Took to one garage they said out of their depth electrical issue.

Been told by a few people it could be a common earth fault?

So before i take a match to it can anyone tell me where the earth points/terminals are on this car that i need to be checking? Also is there any way to tell if the element in the thermostat has gone without taking the housing off and apart.

Thanks

·
6,587 Posts
Clear temp sensor fault in BSI as well as engine ecu with planet. air con is disabled if engine temp fault logged

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi windy. There is nobody near me with Planet and I have fallen out with local dealer lol. Can I buy rev b (app. £50) or does it need to be rev c (app. £100) also do I need pp2000, diagbox or both? Thanks

·
6,587 Posts
Based on my daughters old car B or C both worked. My interface is about 9 yrs old and has worked on every car with no issues i just updated to /C a couple of years ago as i needed later version of diagbox.

I used diagbox with no issues on the 207 never tried planet other than the diagbox version which would only work on limited engine ecu items

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers i have ordered one off ebay this morning.

While i'm waiting for it to arrive does anyone know where i should be checking for bad earths? thanks

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Windy. I did get a copy of planet but couldn't get it working. Managed to find someone local though who cleared the codes for me and after 3 drive cycles the temp gauge issue seems to have sorted itself out (thank god!)

However the air con is still not kicking in whatsoever and nobody seems to want to go near it. According to the bloke who did the diagnostic there was no faults whatsoever with the air con system so leads him to believe it is a mechanical part that has gone?

Where do I start? Could it be coil in the clutch (test resistance?) Or compresser itself (how to test this?) Or something else. If anyone could give me some steps to take I would really appreciate it as im at a loss. Thanks

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
There is more to aircon than a pump and clutch the system wont turn on unless the cooling fans work properly it needs to see pressure in the system knowing there is gas in it does NOT mean the car sees pressure you say you replaced pressure switch but check all the wiring too.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi thanks for replying.Where are the main parts of the system to check wiring? Is it just from the air con pressure sensor or other areas? Also do you know where abouts the earth terminals are for the air con system? Thanks

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And should it not have flagged up in planet if the car sees no pressure or does it not check for this?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Start off with checking the compressor clutch. Unplug the compressor and provide an alternative power source to it and see if the clutch latches.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Planet does so much more than read fault codes it can check things in real time IE LIVE DATA it can activate components individually in the system to see what parts are not working etc

Most important thing in diagnostics is not EVERY fault leaves a code but it will leave a trace.

An example of this is a renault trafic i looked at yesterday would not start only fault code was CAM sensor.

In live data it was obvious there was no CRANK sensor signal fixed wiring to sensor bang van started !

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Will. I provided a supply to the clutch and it did engage plate spinning etc. But air con still not cold.

What other steps can I take? Could it still be the compressor? I also have 2 codes recurring po597 and po598 relating to the thermostat. Would this cause the air con not to kick in?

Also there is a switch/sensor on the compressor. I have attached a pic, do you know what this is/does? Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
It is probably a pressure sensor.

The electronics controlling the a/c in modern cars can be highly complex. There could be any number of inputs from various places, any one of which could prevent the a/c from energising the clutch. However, if the clutch is energised and the spins the compressor, you should then get some sort of action as I am not aware of any sort of shut-off valve in the a/c lines to prevent gas from circulating internally.

I stopped doing a/c probably 15-20 years ago when they stopped being a relatively simple, effective cooling system [like a fridge] and started having all sorts of microprocessors controlling them which needed a rocket scientist to then diagnose faults..... was all to much for my simple brain back then.... :eek: I still have all my gear and gas though and do my own cars.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts