1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

need your help guys n gals,

so my brother helped me remove the ecu and battery tray from my 407, i
foolishly left him to it thinking hed be methodical and document what he was doin.

how wrong i was.

so I now have a mess. I've managed to get the ecu back in, 90% the wiring too, and at present the doors unlock lights flash but when it comes to starting the car the navi console flashes up "STOP = Braking System Failure" and it refuses to crank.

I'm guessing I've something a miss. The earths are a concern, as everything is black and I think I have everything where it needs to be. however, as I've no foto's to go by, it's a little hard to be 100% sure.. SO

Could anyone post me a photo of their battery corners. in particular where the earths attach and what's goes where to the posts of the battery, just a few photos of the whole area should provide me enough visual stimuli to put mine back to how it should be.

oh. it's a 1.6hdi btw, i guess that would help as a 2.0 is gonna be different.

Many many thanks inadvance.. and if anyone know's anything about the STOP warning.. shout :D thanks again guys and gals :D

Cowwie x

·
3,035 Posts
I will put a pic of my 2.0ltr if that helps as I would have thought the electrics would be very similar but not 100% as ive never compered the 2...

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Perhaps you could post detailed pics of your problem areas so we can get a better idea of what you are trying to reinstate..?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perhaps you could post detailed pics of your problem areas so we can get a better idea of what you are trying to reinstate..?

That my friend is an excellent idea I will take some pics tomorrow in the light and then you can see where I'm at

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
In your 3rd pic, the cable you are holding that seems to come out of a loom with other connections to the fuse box, goes to the connector on the fuse box in my car. See pic below..

Another 2 close up pics of ground connections..

Bear in mind my 407 is a 2.0HDi

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thankyou WillNZ that confirms my suspicions. Might explain why dash computer shows "brake system failure" now as it's the only one I left off. I'll wire it up tomorrow and let you guys knows. It "might" just start lol haha :D

I thought it did but I was hesitant to hook it up where your pics show as didn't wanna fry something ha

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

It's alive! First turn of key after 6 months.

Sounds bloody awful! ( thrust bearing has all but collapsed ) but it starts. Thanks for the pics. Was that 1 wire causing the issues. I had it going to ground and it was meant to be 12v. Duh.

Thankyou thankyou!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts