Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a place to get the egr blanked then mapped out of my vehicle in or near Sheffield please?
Can this be done even though the egr may be faulty and have wiring issues and will it pass the emmissions at the local councils 6 monthly mot test as the vehicle is a taxi? Your help would be appreciated, already thrown lots of money with no results and garage says i need new genuine peugeot egr valve at £300 + labour, these are the faults im getting:-

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry the images are terrible:

On Peugeot Planet:

1. Permanent fault, EGR valve circuit, position of the valve too openrelative to the setting.
2. Permanent fault, EGR valve circuit, open circuit
3. Intermittent fault, EGR valve circuit, valve position to distant in relation to the reference value

On other diagnostic tool

P0102 flow meter signal frequency too high min flow
P2143 control of the EGR valve open circuit
P0113 inlet air temperature short circuit to or open circuit
P0489 EGR electric valve position copy signal valve open too much
P1462 EGR electric valve position copy signal throttle movement drift since previous start up programming not done

Thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had constant problems with genuine Peugeot EGRs ie the ones made by Delphi ( they are rubbish). One only lasted a couple of hundred miles before it fell apart and at £250 a pop it was becoming rediculous. I eventually fitted one made by Intermotor and had no other problems with it ever. Didn't even need to get it programmed in as with some.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Intermotor-14329-EGR-Valve/249445250?iid=382792254146&chn=ps

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, thanks for replying E7 58, found one on ebay for £102 by intermotor which is better than 300. Need to get this sorted, wouldnt even be bothered if it wasnt affecting my turbo, being overtaken by the old tx2 and struggling to get up hills with punters in. Will order this and get a second hand ecu, go to the garage and get him to change first the ecu as the old egr is 6 weeks old! And if no luck then the egr and hopefully it sorts my issues. Had a second hand turbo fitted that isnt boosting and the guys who fitted it are saying its not working because of the faulty egr and the ecu is shutting it down, its not in limp mode just no boost, anyway thanks for your advice, ill let you know how i get on, do you think the egr delete is a good idea?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was going to get it done till I found out it was going to cost 200 quid to get it mapped out. i did run with the egr blanked for a while but I think you still need the old egr to be electrically ok otherwise I think it will throw up the Engine management light and anti pollution fault. I resorted to just fitting the Intermotor egr and ran it like that for 40k miles without problems. I have since sold the cab and it's still running fine a year later. the only thing I remember was that with the egr blanked, the engine ran much cleaner ie very little smoke on hard acceleration and it flew through emissions test with flying colours. Reliable 406 will probably advise on the turbo side of things, I never had any problems like that, it was just when the egr went, the engine would only idle but as soon as you touched the throttle pedal, it just died. Had to get it towed home on several ocassions, luckily a mate had a recovery truck. In total I went through 4 Delphi EGRs ( I repeat, they are crap) before I fitted the Intermotor.
good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honestly extremely useful info, £200 for remap i think ill give that a miss too, going to get the intermotor egr and fit it next week and pray it sorts the problem out. Reliable 406 is also extremely helpful, tried to pm him but forum wont let me for some reason. I like driving it, its more comfy than my old tx2 and makes doing them long shifts a bit easier, id have to drag the tx2 everwhere i went. Anyways thanks again, i really appreciate it and ill let you know how i got on 👍

1 - 6 of 6 Posts