Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there forum folk, i have a 2001 e7 taxi it has suddenly started cutting out, the garge told me it was pump at the fuel tank. I replaced it, still cutting out. They then told me it might be main fuel pump at engine. Replaced it and £600 later still having same problem. Has anyone similar experience or solution. I need taxi for my disabled sons wheel chair so i can bring him out! Thanks anybody Gerd55

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
What engine does it have as there are various options

As above could well be wiring but it could also be fuel pressure spiking causing the cutting out.

Proper diagnosis by someone who knows the e7 will save you a lot of money there are many well known issues on them but normal garages do not see enough of them to see the common problems

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fot your help lads! or lasses, it is a 2.0 hdi engine the year 2000 not 01 like I said earlier. I'll mention all the suggstions I've had today. Thanks again everyone! !

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
Whats the engine code though as it could still be more than 1 !

RHY RHZ maybe even RHW are all possibilities they are all 2 litre hdi but all different in how things work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hello there forum folk, i have a 2001 e7 taxi it has suddenly started cutting out, the garge told me it was pump at the fuel tank. I replaced it, still cutting out. They then told me it might be main fuel pump at engine. Replaced it and £600 later still having same problem. Has anyone similar experience or solution. I need taxi for my disabled sons wheel chair so i can bring him out! Thanks anybody Gerd55
Hi,
Had similar sort of problem with my old Peugeot 55 reg. It turned out to be a collapsed or split breather pipe which was on the back end of the engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts