Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys who designed this??? Had a bulb failure on Friday night on rear indicator. Replaced the bulb, still didn't work. Replaced with another, still didn't work. Checked the new bulbs on a battery, bulb lit and was fine. I had to take the -ve terminal off the battery and leave cab for a few minutes and after re-connecting the battery, the indicators worked as normal. Should this be correct that you have to do this? I lost 2 hours of a shift due to this as I had to go home to do the job which included having to re-program the radio/CD all because of a bulb failure :tantrum:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just been told that I should have removed the key from the ignition altogether, will try that next time. Pity it doesn't say this in the handbook or is it more money for the dealer :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
The BSI shuts down the blown bulb feed if it shorts the pins so if that happens you just disconnect the battery then reconnect the bulb then works again.

It does not always happen though its just random sometimes you replace and they work without disconnecting battery.

Happens to a lot of newer stuff not just Peugeots.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts