Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got my factory new peugeot e-208 2 weeks ago. Ive been driving it around town and always keeping it at a battery level between 20% - 80% at my offices semi-slow charger. ive driven aprox 400km total at this point.

Couple of days ago i decided to take a longer trip to meet a friend and it did not go well. I charged my battery to full, which shows 348km of range (aprox 216 miles acc. to google),
and i drove off. The trip to my friend was 151km, less than half of the supposed range. I drove on the highway which currently is undergoing construction so the average speed was 70km/h if not less (43mp/h) and i drove on eco mode. The temperature outside was 10°C (50F i think).

What do you know, after i pick my friend up and we drive to get food the battery starts to consume 8km of range for every km that it drives. And it just gets worse and worse until i got around 10km of range, at which point i barely make it to a charging station in time. The battery just melted before my eyes and we were simply put stuck besides a hotel building charging from a power outlet with the emergency charger (same outlet that you charge your phone at home in the house). And the hotel was booked so we had to charge for 2 hours to have enough range to travel to the nearest hotel. It was a freezing 2 hours outside in 5°C (41F i think).

When i turn on the car it shows 24km of range. we had 6km to the hotel. I thought risky but at that point i was so tired and frozen so i figured... "yolo"... I start to drive and after 30 seconds it shows 18km left of range and i realize that we may be stuck on the highway and i freak out. The battery keeps showing less and less all the time. Keep in mind i turn off heat at this point, turn off headlights, drive in eco mode and under the legal speed limit. But we eventually reach the hotel with 4 km left of range. and we are able to check in and next morning i call peugeot assistance and i manage to get my car carried to the their reparation station and get some train tickets to home.

Matter still under investigation and car is at their station.

What is your opinion?

·
Registered
e2008 GT Line
122 Posts
seems a bit unusual and will be interesting to see what the garage say, but the claimed miles is always far out of reach. I seem to hear a lot of 12 volt batteries not performing and being replaced, maybe the main terrain battery was charging this back up?

Just as a note, your lights are not powered by the main power terrain battery. Lights, entertainment system, windows etc is all done off the 12 volt battery. The power terrain battery only powers heating/AC and power to the wheels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
seems a bit unusual and will be interesting to see what the garage say, but the claimed miles is always far out of reach. I seem to hear a lot of 12 volt batteries not performing and being replaced, maybe the main terrain battery was charging this back up?

Just as a note, your lights are not powered by the main power terrain battery. Lights, entertainment system, windows etc is all done off the 12 volt battery. The power terrain battery only powers heating/AC and power to the wheels.
they called today saying the found nothing faulty, but will keep the car for 1 week driving it and see performance…

also thanks for the side note :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts