Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys looked on the log book and it says my experts has the wjy engine what's the difference between dw8 and dw8b I need to make sure I purchase the right one.
Thanks

·
Registered
14,950 Posts
Again your not asking the full question

What age is your van that will decide what engine you have

your pump is coded to your ecu on DW8 engines depending on age

·
Registered
14,950 Posts
Ok you can use any wjy/dw8 engine from a partner berlingo 206 etc BUT the pump has a code box on it that is matched to the ecu/immobiliser box/key

Easiest way is to use your original pump on the replacement and it will not need any coding work

Other thing to be careful with are there are 2 lugs on the flywheel that are read by the crank sensor and these are easily broken so be careful refitting

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks for your help there, I have autocom so can I code with that? I've done timing belts in the past but if I change the pump over to time it back up are the marks on the pump etc? So I just line every thing cam,crank up with old pump on then fit new pump ( off old engine ) and make sure everything lines back up?
Thanks

·
Registered
14,950 Posts
Im not sure the chips can be recoded i think they are once only i usually just remove the box completely but yes as i say just fit your old pump and this will bypass any issues

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Back to the original question how do I determine if mine if the dw8 or dw8b ?? I'm just concerned as in the Vin number it's wjyb ?
Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts