Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

First post so hi everyone!

I ordered a 3008 1.6 BlueHDi GT-Line as a company car back in September and was expecting delivery just after the Xmas break.

However I received an update today saying that my car is effectively quarantined due to a "major engine recall" and it's been forbidden to be delivered by Peugeot. No details of the fix and they are waiting.....

Wondered if anyone else had the same info, or heads up to those that have ordered DV6 engined cars. I'm assuming it's not limited to 3008's!

·
Registered
1 Posts
3008 engine recall

Hi Folks
First time ever joining in a forum anywhere, but felt i needed to vent my anger on this one
Have had my 1.6hdi GT line for 6 weeks and has already been back in twice for a software update, latest was on saturday, only to be told i couldnt get the car back due to a safety recall re the engine.
Garage cannot tell my what they are looking for.
Now hearing that other cars now not being delivered this does not install me with confidence going forward.
Has taken the shine off getting a new car, anyone else heard anything further

·
Administrator
2,879 Posts
Hi Folks
First time ever joining in a forum anywhere, but felt i needed to vent my anger on this one
Have had my 1.6hdi GT line for 6 weeks and has already been back in twice for a software update, latest was on saturday, only to be told i couldnt get the car back due to a safety recall re the engine.
Garage cannot tell my what they are looking for.
Now hearing that other cars now not being delivered this does not install me with confidence going forward.
Has taken the shine off getting a new car, anyone else heard anything further
I've certainly not heard anything, but totally understand how disappointed you must be feeling.

Lets hope they sort it soon and you can then enjoy years of trouble free motoring.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Nothing on the DVLA recalls web site..
The Wife's 3008 1.6HDI hasn't been recalled either.

Grumpy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seems to be affecting only very recent or newly built vehicles. Possibly poor quality batch of piston rings leading to excessive blow by (exhaust gasses passing by the rings). Not technically safety but I suppose any emissions related issues can be attributed to the safety of the public! Especially since dieselgate!

No fix known but it seems like vehicles will need testing, if OK you’ll get it back, if not OK who knows? Engine swap?

Info came from friend of a friend who works in a Citroen dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seems to be affecting only very recent or newly built vehicles. Possibly poor quality batch of piston rings leading to excessive blow by (exhaust gasses passing by the rings). Not technically safety but I suppose any emissions related issues can be attributed to the safety of the public! Especially since dieselgate!

No fix known but it seems like vehicles will need testing, if OK you’ll get it back, if not OK who knows? Engine swap?

Info came from friend of a friend who works in a Citroen dealer.
same problem detected in Italy, those like me waiting for the delivery does not know if they can pick up the car ordered 4 months ago, because there are checks to be made and then decide if the car is compliant. Bad history having to pay around 30,000 euros......:mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
620 Posts
1.6 BlueHDi 120 EAT6 owners here.. Mine was delivered March'17.

Wonder if it explains the slow acceleration performance of the car ;)

If the blow past and possibly oil entering combustion then a couple of things could occur:
a) the engine combusts the engine oil leading to fuel rich issue and worst case the engine will run away (youtube search "diesel run away") as this poses a safety risk as the engine cannot be shutdown and destroys itself even detonates.
b) the oil in the combustion then clogs the DPF and thus destroys more than just the engine leading to more expense to fix globally.
c) Engine runs out of oil and the engine siezes resulting in accidents for those driving fast or additional call out for those stranded on long journeys.

Runaway detonation engine in testbed
https://youtu.be/L09rJeZRXt4

Runaway compilation
https://youtu.be/ZnOSRCuZBkY

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Wife's delivered in June. Seems to be all OK..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

First post so hi everyone!

I ordered a 3008 1.6 BlueHDi GT-Line as a company car back in September and was expecting delivery just after the Xmas break.

However I received an update today saying that my car is effectively quarantined due to a "major engine recall" and it's been forbidden to be delivered by Peugeot. No details of the fix and they are waiting.....

Wondered if anyone else had the same info, or heads up to those that have ordered DV6 engined cars. I'm assuming it's not limited to 3008's!
my company car gt line was delivered on the 1st Dec, I had it for a week before it got recalled. the dealer said that there is a major recall regarding the inline fuel injection housing, and that it could stop the engine working. they have had it for a week and not done anything as they were waiting for Peugeot to tell them what to do. Spoke to them today and they have said that they were, at that exact moment in time doing the "check" they needed to perform. if it passes I get it back if it fails then it needs a new engine. I also had minor problems with the massage feature and some other software issue that they have said requires a software update despite the car being brand new! its a shame as its a wonderful car, I just want to drive it!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
my company car gt line was delivered on the 1st Dec, I had it for a week before it got recalled. the dealer said that there is a major recall regarding the inline fuel injection housing, and that it could stop the engine working. they have had it for a week and not done anything as they were waiting for Peugeot to tell them what to do. Spoke to them today and they have said that they were, at that exact moment in time doing the "check" they needed to perform. if it passes I get it back if it fails then it needs a new engine. I also had minor problems with the massage feature and some other software issue that they have said requires a software update despite the car being brand new! its a shame as its a wonderful car, I just want to drive it!
Blo+dy Hell!!

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Sounds like they have made a mistake building some of the RECENT engines and need to check all of them to be sure to catch all the faulty ones from what i can see it is ONLY recently built ones

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
No, I have had my 1.2 since March. I expect a lot of European customers for the 1.6 diesel will be hoping this isn't a major problem, or wishing they had ordered another version.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am one of the lucky ones with a 5008 in recall. Also a 1.6 HDi, I guess this is the exact same engine in the 3008.

Dealer told me today there is an issue with the compression in the cylinders. So this backups earlier statements about piston rings, although I guess it could be related to other things as well.

In my case the dealer already concluded pressure is not OK due to loss of compression but they are waiting for Peugeot to confirm the diagnostics output before taking next steps - meaning a complete engine swap.

Its already in the shop for 3 days, and at this speed I am guessing it will be end of January/beginning of February before the car is back.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I know it is annoying but at least they are taking their responsibilities properly and don't let people drive an engine which could be wrong.

Let's hope the swap doesn't downgrade the car appearances and assembly quality.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts