Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got the go ahead to have this done

Would you go with the new genuine modified part or save £200 and get a LUK's one?

Robbie

·
5,044 Posts

Would you go with the new genuine modified part or save £200 and get a LUK's one?

Robbie
depends on who's paying

J

·
0 Posts
Thought you had the go ahead to get it all done for you and paid for??

If that is the case, but the genuine Peugeot one on so no one can question its suitability for the task.

·
Registered
40 Posts
your choise my opion save the £200

Robbie
theres a lot of owners that have bought second hand cars that have had the clutch replaced and have no idea what parts where fitted.:thumb:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i'd go for valeo if available...when my clutch bearing went on my 307 i had a choice of valeo and LUK....obviously LUK was the cheapest but i went for valeo as they had a fair few reviews on both how good and bad but LUK had none. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi jm, we have negotiated some flexibility with the funds, the idea being to search around for the best price for the job and leave enough for an engine cooling fan. Unfortunately this would mean a compromise on which clutch system we can use, just cant have it both ways. Although we have p0483 code and the fan will not operate on actuator test or hot wired, the engine has never over heated, and does regens, which makes me suspicious that it has worked. They are quoting £950 for the modified peugeot dmf/clutch. We may do that and fit a used fan. Brad

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Robbie was looking at the best clutch and new fan when he said he was paying in a round about way. To do it this way we need to pay £200 ourselves, by hunting the market we may get it all for the £1200 we have been offered but with compromising. £1200 fitted by stealers or £950 by indy plus a fan..... too many choices.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think it was £760 to have a luk fitted(with peugeot original clutch)

or £950 to have the peugeot part fitted

The engine fan was £450 fitted

Robbie

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont know CAB, which were originals, I would expect peugeot had hedged their bets and used more than one supplier such as valeo sachs and luk as the main players. Too risky to put all their eggs in one basket in case one gave a supply problem. I have no idea which is best but the new modified one promises to be the answer to the longevity question. Which make is that I wonder, will have to find out. Brad

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats also a big factor, now with retirement will I do high miles. This flywheels going at 65,000 in 7 years, could take me another 10 years to get to the same position, would I still have this car in 10 years?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorted, i posted our choice at "What have you done for her lately" rather than doubling up. Many thanks for all your valuable views on this subject, Brad

1 - 18 of 18 Posts